Girls, would you allow your boyfriend to hang out with his ex girlfriend alone?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Ohhhh sureee lol. If I did not love him or wanted that bitch to dieeee from carbon monoxide poisoning so it wouldn't trace back to meeeee😆😆😆😆 yeahhhh I see no problem in it whatsoever😄😄😄😄👌👏

• so no? and why not?

• Well honestly I'm going off of the last guy I dealt with. He flirted publicly with a ton of girl's and said he was being friendly so we didn't continue much. I'm not going to sit here and judge ALL men for something a few have done. There are some I would trust If I was dating them, but at the same time you are in a relationship with someone else respect that cause you have know business hanging out with ur ex for whatever reason. Hell I don't even think they should still be friend's. If you still are friend's and want to hang out without ur new girlfriend than something is up. Why can't I tag if it's purely innocent? A shoulder to cry on... become's a d**k to ride on.👌 that's why?

What Girls Said 32

• Well to be honest, I would have a hard time with it. I mean I don't want to force people to do anything or not do things they want to do. But out of respect for me as his girlfriend, I would hope that he wouldn't.

I get that sometimes an ex girlfriend can be friends. But I can't help but wonder if there is really more there. Do you ever fully stop feeling for someone you once loved? I can see if it were a high school relationship and they only dated for a week. But if it was a significant relationship, how can you just turn off emotions? It's not a regular light switch, more like a dimmer switch. You can choose to turn back on the light or emotions by spending time with the person and having good times.

It's easy to forget the bad when the present is so good.

• It's not about "allowing" it or not. I just don't think it's respectful and wouldn't hang out with a ex boyfriend so I'd expect the same from him :)

• Entirely depends honestly. If they were better as friends than as a couple and they'd do it during the day someplace public, maybe with other people, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with it. Otherwise I think it's kinda inappropriate to hang with your exes unless you have to (same group of friends, or as co-workers etc). I can't really force him to not see her but I do wish he'd clearly know where the boundaries are and would be aware of how inappropriate it can be to meet an ex when you're already with someone else.

• I feel like I can't stop my boyfriend from hanging out with his ex if he wanted to but I would find it completely disrespectful and probably seriously contemplate our relationship. I wouldn't hang out with one of my exes out of respect for him. I guess it would be different if it were a group thing and there were no more feelings or they've been friends forever and it was just a week thing but alone not-so much.

I had an ex-boyfriend who did that. His ex was coming to visit from a different state and asked if he wanted to hang out. He said it would just be him and her, and still did it after I told him I felt uncomfortable with it since she was his last serious girlfriend. He thought it was okay because he told me about it and when I turned it around on him and asked if it would be okay if I did the same thing with one of mine he told me that was completely unacceptable and would be wrong of me. And when I started dating my current boyfriend got angry when I refused to hang out with him out of respect to me new boyfriend./End rant lol

• Sure... I would just let him know that whenever he is hanging out with her, I'll be with one of my ex's as well. If he can take what he's dishing out, then it's probably a healthy relationship. But my guy is a little on the jealous side, and he would never go for that. Which would mean he's probably decide on his own not to hang out with her any more. And it wouldn't be because I asked him not to.

• Not in a millions years! If he does that, that i'll be his ex right then and there too! :D! buh~buys!~ :D!

• I do not control his actions.

• No, they're his ex and should remain in the past.

• If he doesn't give me reason to not trust him, I wouldn't mind. However I am one of those people that if you lie to me, you lose a lot of trust. Especially if I have to go find out myself. I always prefer ugly truth over pretty lies. Pretty lies get me to break up with you, ugly truths make me want to work shit out.

• I wouldn't be happy about it and I'd wonder why he felt the need to hang out with her but at the end of the day it is his decision to make.

• Ok, first off, it's not a matter of me allowing him to. He's his own person and can do whatever he wants, he doesn't need my permission.
    Secondly, yes, of course I would. If you don't trust your partner enough to let them spend time with an ex, then you two clearly have a problem, trust is one of the most important things in a relationship. Think about it, they're an ex for a reason, it's not like they're going to get back together and do stuff, and if they do then you know he wasn't the right one anyways. Both my boyfriend and I are still friends with most of our exes, I go camping with one of mine every year, we have 2 weeks alone in a forest together and we share a tent, and guess what? My boyfriend doesn't mind because he trusts me. If you can't trust them enough to hang or with an ex, then you should've be in a relationship.

• H*LL NO! Lol, if he did that, we'd be done. Case closed.

• NO...

• I would not be okay with it. It's just straight up disrespectful. Neither guys or girls should ever hang out with their ex alone when they're dating someone. Hanging out with you're ex in a group setting (without your boyfriend/girlfriend there with you) where you can have distance from each other and there are other people around to keep you accountable for your actions is a totally different story. But alone? Not okay.

• I'd try to be chill about it, but I'd try to discreetly try to stop him. Or just go full jealous girlfriend and warn the bitch and beg my man. Alone? I'd feel like he is cheating again.

• I can't really not allow my boyfriend to do something but i can sure as hell tell him im not comfortable with him hanging with his ex at all especially alone

• If he asked me this , i think he wants to be alone with her. He has some feelings towards her or has some questions about past relationship. So my not allowing to HIM doesn't make any difference, he obsessed.

• Yes, and he did. We're all grown-ups. We trusted each other in that respect. I was secure in his affection, I knew her as a friend and was glad he had someone besides me to talk to, frankly. Even if I didn't know her it wouldn't have been an issue.

• I would. I trust my husband though

• For sure, he's her ex for a reason. If I didn't trust him to be with her, I wouldn't be with him.

• I think its different for everyone. Me, I think it would depend on how long ago it was, if they were serious, and if I trusted him.

• if they were serious, but dated years ago?

• 2-3?

• Honestly, after that long, I wouldn't be worried. They've both had time to move on. But that's just my take on the situation.

• sounds shady dude

• Hell no. Trust issues to the max.

• not a chance lol

• why not?

• because he would be alone with someone he once had feelings for so anything could happen lol. i wouldn't let him

• No. An ex is the past. They stay there. Unless he still has feelings for her.

• Allow? If he wants to, he's going to whether it's behind my back or in front of me.

• No... maybe i they were only like 16 and "dated" and decided just to be friends, but probably not

• No. No. NO.

If he wants to see her then he doesn't need me

• lol no just no

• why not?

• Answer my question and I'll answer yours😉🤔

• Well it's more of a personal thing your S. O at one point liked that person so most people would feel intimidated as would I I mean would you trust you s. o to go on and hang with an ex that she once cared for

• I trust him to a certain extent, so I would let him but have some doubts about it

• More from Girls
    2