Is it pathetic to say i'm spending valentine day alone?

so i'm 16 years old and i'm single i don't know what's wrong with me because guys do actually find me attractive and they say it to me , at my highschool i just stand with my friends until each one goes to his girlfriend/her boyfriend and i just go find another group to talk to that's how i spend my breaks my hours at school and everything moving from a group to another different group. God and now they're all talking about the gifts they're gonna buy to their boyfriends and girlfriends and i'm just standing there thinking if i should buy myself chocolate or should i call my friends who study in pioneer highschool to ask them to go out ,
just writing this makes me feel so pathetic

Most Helpful Guy

• would you rather spend Valentine's day without a boyfriend or mother's day without a mom?

cheer up... =)

• @ 9mfeo

for as many relationships as Valentine's day ruins think about all the one's it reunites that were on the rocks.. what about all the healthy relationships? is it a waste of money if they decide to go out on that day? if a relationship can't handle silly ol Valentine's day, then maybe that's a sign it can't handle much before it breaks.

apparently people let it go to their head, you're a good example.
      ---------------------------
      thanks for blocking me after you've said something. just have to get the last word to feel good eh? LOL come back when you have a valid argument.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have 2 brothers in the Marines, so, we know some Marine wives who are widows. My kids like to make cute cards and stuff (well, my 13-year-old son has kinda outgrown that, but, he still does this, at least). So, they make cards for these Marine widows, and we send 'em off.
    Believe me, it's appreciated.

Since it's on a weekend this year, I'm gna take my two older kids (13-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter) to a local older folks' convalescent home. There's a lot of widows and widowers in those places, too. My son's a pretty good singer, so, he might put on some type of performance or another. My daughter's just gna hang out and make people feel better, because she's a 7-year-old girl, and 7-year-old girls are adorable.

Mb you could do something like that? Find some people who've lost their loved ones, and just give them the gift of yr time, in some form or another?

I mean, I detest the commercial-ness of the holiday as much as anyone, but, a lot of people don't, and I have enough empathy to realize that throwing my own views in their faces is not always the best course of action. Right?
    I mean, I can't imagine telling a widow or widower, "Hey, buck up, this is just a fake bullshit holiday anyway." Uh, no. If it makes them feel sad, THAT certainly won't make them feel any less sad!

What Guys Said 16

• there are worse things in life than being single. especially at 16. it would be NICE to have someone, but it is hardly the end of the world. And for every girl who looks back fondly on her first boyfriend, there is another girl who looks back, angry at herself for who she was with, and doing things that she, later, wishes she hadn't.
    don't be in such a rush.

• learn to love being by yourself (single) before you get into a relationship, they are lot of work and most don't work. and after all valentines day is just a Americanised holiday... if you are with someone and care for them you don't need one marketed day to show it. love thy self, before you can love others.

• my girlfriend of 8 months dumped me 2 weeks ago... I loved her and gave her my heart but she just wanted to remain "casual" and I guess I just wasn't worth keeping around... I feel horrible and this will be the saddest V-day of my recent memory. You're not alone.

• lol 16yo girls are so dramatic...

• You're 16 and don't have a boyfriend? That's very very sad.

• are you mocking me?

• Of course I am. Let me tell you something. Not having a boyfriend/girlfriend at this stage is better than having one. You'll get lot of time to concentrate on your studies, do things which you like during your spare time. If you have a boyfriend, you'll be wasting most of your time with him texting, calling and doing stuff.

• These things work differently for girls. Just because the guys you know are too shy to ask you out, that's not your fault. Take it as a compliment. You intimidate them.

• Why do you devalue yourself simply because you're single?

• I'm 24 and I'll be alone too, so GTFO, ha ha!

• All of the wrong things are important to you.
    Be your own person first - quite worrying about what everybody else is doing.
    You need some more time to grow up.

• Pathetic? Nope. Though you're not wrong to feel pathetic. I do too...

• its completely vokie... just enjoy ur day... or u can travel to some good places...

• You're 16...:/
    People have real problems

• Buy yourself flowers and chocolate, would be funny

• NO, you are 16. It is better for you and ideal, at least if you felt good about not being a trashy baby mamma - sleeping around at your age is ridiculous. There was a time when people matured more quickly and/or had to mature more quickly but they also committed to each other and had morals that we are now finding out are actually healthier for happy lives through criminal statistics and mental disorders cross referenced with the individual's child life and love life.

• aww man,
    you're just facing what I did once, although I'm a guy.
    The thing is, if you want my personal experience, I was in delusions. Very honestly, I was called attractive, but I often thought why I never got anyone.
    I had to move away from the kind of person I had become, an under confident, liar with no dignity. Besides, I looked at every girl as a girlfriend than a friend.
    Rest assured, this Valentine's day does exist but it's just a big hype. Like, if I were you, I would celebrate my relationship everyday.
    Don't worry mate,
    just a little reflection or perhaps a little patience would do you charms that you can never imagine
    best of luck!

• @9mfeo

---------------------------
    thanks for blocking me after you've said something. do you normally block people you disagree w/? smh.

What Girls Said 19

• With you Going Group to Group, Instead of Doing this, Begin Your own Beguine of Finding Guys for friends that you can possibly Relate to and perhaps... Become more friendly with.
    You are feeling sorry for yourself and Left out, which is why you drift around, which is Normal. But change your attitude, change your pattern and when the Groups See that you are interacting and Acting 'Another different,' perhaps one time there just might be some guy you Might... Spend my breaks with.
    No use in crying over spilled valentine candy. Don't say a word, just call those 'Pioneer' friends and make some plans and who Knows... What could happen when you go out.
    You are Good Looking, you just need to get Cooking on Confidence.
    Good luck. xx

• Of course you aren't pathetic! If you are then , i am too, because i won't be sharing Valentines day with anyone - I'm single too. There's lots of single people around who have no one to spend Valentines day with.

Personally, i would want to feel special to someone everyday , not just one day of the year. Buying cards and gifts for valentines day seems like an obligation. If i was in a relationship i would be spontaneous and show him i loved him throughout the year... when he least expected it. That a way it shows i genuinely think about and it comes from my heart... not just given because it's expected of me on valentines day.

• The only thing that's pathetic is getting worked up over a fake holiday designed to milk ever last red cent out of the consumer. There is no real sentiment attached to Valentines Day. If your friends make you feel like shit for being single, then you need new friends.

• it's not fake lol... =)

at least allow those who do enjoy it, to enjoy it.

• "at least mother's day and Father's Day place the value on actually spending time with your parent instead of buying them shit they don't need. There is no such caveat for Valentines Day."

matter of opinion.

• @orphan well, I'm not American so Black Friday isn't a thing we do here.

What kind of relationship are you having if the only day that you show your partner that you care about them is February 14? A really bad one.

Waste your time and money all you like, but don't contribute to making this kid feel like shit because she doesn't have a partner.

• You're single and spending Valentine's day alone. Like millions of other single sixteen year olds. Not pathetic. Unless you make it so and that only makes YOU pathetic, not your situation and that's sad. And not sad in a way that garnishes you sympathy.

• Lol, it's not pathetic that you're single. It's more pathetic because you feel sad about it, haha. Take it from me, a girl who has had a lot of experience with guys and dealing with being single for a while. Being single isn't all that bad. Sure, it's nice to have a boyfriend (for some), but it's okay not to.

I'm spending my Valentine's Day with my sister. I'm actually choosing to spend it with her instead of a guy who I like and likes me back. I'm single and I love it. My sister and I are going to see How To Be Single at the movies. I was at first planning to stay home and cuddle with my cat, but then decided to have a bonding day with my sister.

Go buy yourself some chocolate. I know it seems like V-Day is such an important day, but truly it's NOT. I have been single on and off for the past 3 years and now I'm off and it's cool. I'm 18 years old and a senior in high school. I see my friends with boyfriends and girlfriends and it doesn't bother me all that much. I just don't care. You shouldn't either. Last year I spent my V-Day with my ex-boyfriend and did not enjoy it in the least. I would have rather spent it with my single friends at a sleepover or something. Everyone's different of course.

Go have fun with single friends or something. It's not pathetic at all to be single. It's not pathetic at all to be spending V-Day alone. It's actually kind of insulting when people make statements like the one you have like that. If you think it's pathetic to be single and spending your V-Day alone, then you're basically saying that every single person is pathetic on this day and I know that I am certainly NOT. Keep your chin up. It's not the end of the world to have no one on V-Day. You've gone through 15 years w/out a Valentine. I'm sure you can get through this one too.

• That is ridiculous. I'm 24 and I'm spending Valentine's Day alone. So what? It's just another day. Let's say a guy asked you out two days after Valentine's Day is that a good day? A better day than Valentine's Day.
    Don't let everybody grind you down and don't allow other people's expectations to make you feel bad about yourself.
    The only person that counts is you

• Why is it pathetic?
    Valentine's Day is just a holiday for marketing in the first place.
    Why would you need a holiday to show your love for your partner?
    Also, you have all your life ahead for finding love.

• ?

Valentine's day has been around a lot longer than the term marketing has.

• @orphan
      But today they are using it more for that matter.
      Okay, maybe in America, but here I haven't heard about it as an old holiday/celebration.

• i hear ya...

• You're only 16 and not having a boyfriend is the least of your worries. At that age you should just enjoy life and school and all that for what it's worth. Heck im 20 and single but I couldn't give a damn

• That makes too of us

• Haha definitely not pathetic... and you're only 16, don't worry about it at all! If it's on your mind then do something with your friends for sure. I'm single but to me it's just another day.

• Why is it pathetic?
    Live your own life.
    It's pathetic that you give so much importance to this one day and feel sad you're not doing what others are doing.

• U aren't pathetic. But why don't u try flirting with a guy and seeing if u could have a fun date on Valentine' day?

• cause i'm not that kinda of girl , you see i'm the funny girl who's friends with everyone and mostly guys i don't know how to flirt and i didn't find anyone that i actually like so i can flirt with , that's the problem

• Lots of people are. Doesn't make you pathetic.

• Not at all. But I'll invite you if you don't live all too long from my place.

• I have never had a boyfriend in my life

• I'm single as hell :) It's great to be single

• nah babe ur okay :-) i'll buy you some mental chocolate and tell you you're pretty

• ... you're 16. You don't really need a boyfriend. It's not a big deal.

• No? You're alone every other day of the year too, why would Valentine's day be any more special than yesterday? Your life and your happiness should not depend on your relationship status with someone else (or lack thereof). What's pathetic is thinking you can't be happy, even on V-day, without a boyfriend. Get yourself together. I've been single for 21 v-days and I literally could not care less.