Opinions on online dating?

I am not sure where I stand with this. One one hand I think it could be a good thing but on the other hand I also think it is kinda desperate. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not desperate. Meeting someone online could be an option. I personally prefer the website where you answer questions about yourself and then they send you matches, versus just trolling around on a site. Those type of sites, where they match you, definitely appear to have a higher caliber of person who does not want just anyone to approach them.

Beyond that I have been told that online dating does work, but there is no one way that is guaranteed to find you a girlfriend. I would say online dating requires a strong level of confidence and ability to not get worked up at the number of dates that won't be that great. Profile pictures are not always accurate portrayals of the person at that moment. People lie about weight, and pics can be how that person looks at their best, but not on average. And, you can have great conversations online and feel the person is great, and then get a whole different vibe in person. I went on a date with a guy who had a very funny profile, but in person he was dry and had a lot going on in his life that just wasn't going to work for me. I am not telling you any of this to deter you but to arm you with some experience before you try it.

What Girls Said 4

• Online dating is extreamly hard and nerve racking; my boyfriend and soon to be fioncee lives in NY while I live in NC having that much distance between too people coulldn't make things more difficult, it isint desperate it is trusting and takes a good bit of courage to meet someone you never have before and fall in love knowing that all too soon they must leave again. Sure you can start online dating someone no more than an hour away but that also takes trust and courage. No matter how far away they live if you don't see each other that often trusting them not to cheat is the hardest part well that or not being able to see them that often. Some of the worest relationships come out of online dating but then again so do some of the best

Good luck Myste :) :P :D XD

• Ive tryed it, and its never worked..but that's just me. I don't know if it worked or will work for u.. it wouldn't hurt to try it out I mean you can actually have multiple people ur talking to online its not technically cheating b.c ur not relle "Dating" but like if ur in a realife realationship and ur falling for someone online then maybe that could be bad b.c either one could come between either one.. but online is pretty free for people less confident and like others have said under me, its easy and it can hlep you find a match or help you learn things to say in realife from experiences from online boyfriends or girlfriends. hope I helped...

• well it can go both ways. the internet is really good at connecting people far away or people that you may never actually see in person. It is hard to do online dating because you can't really tell peoples personality, also if you have high morals, online dating sucks because it seems like so many people are just looking for random hookups or friends with benefits. If you think it is desperate, then the other people that you would find or find you are also desperate because they are doing online dating as well. Also what kind of online dating? There is a difference between craigslist and eharmony in class and quality.

• Its not desperste. Its just a very convenient way to meet people and go out. You just have to be careful when you do it becuase some people aren't who they appear to be online. So always meet them in a public place but yeah online dating can be fun and its just easier and what a lot of people are doin nowadays.

Free Dating Sites(No costs)

Plentyoffish.com

Webdate.com

Mingle2.com

Just to name a few if you decide.

What Guys Said 1

• well I think its ok to have options and one of those options for many is online dating , now its definity not for everybody . and most people won't find there future partner that way but some might . I don't know its not totally hopeless either