A guy I like said we should go people watching? What's that?

I asked him what he wanted to do when we go out and he said "it's ok doesn't matter we can people watch" what's that? Do you just watch people? Is that not creepy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a way of saying let's hang out, talk and do nothing while people pass us by.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's going somewhere and hanging out, watching the crowds walk by. It is a casual way of hanging out without spending money. It's not creepy, it's fun. It's more a way of saying let's hangout but I don't have a lot of money. You may end up commenting on some people's choices of clothes, attitude, etc but it isn't the focus of the date. The focus is hanging out together in a low key, relaxed way.

What Guys Said 3

• I've wanted to suggest this to my crush.
    It basically means you go somewhere public, perhaps a mall or restaurant where you can sit outside or a park, and then you sit around, talk, and observe people.

I think it's brilliant.

• Is there anything else to do? Lol

• Yeah I've heard of that before, usually they go to the mall on second floor and hang out by the railing to look down at everyone or go to a park and sit on the bench and watch everyone go by. Something old retired people do a lot of

What Girls Said 4

• It's not creepy at all. You go somewhere and watch the world go by and see the people moving in it. It's very interesting.

• I watch people all the time. It's not creepy, it's observing. People go birdwatching as well for example. And before you say "well yeah birdwatching is normal.", you have to stop and ask yourself: "Don't they both involve watching an organism do its thing?"

• Haha no he mean like; let's just look at other people and talk. Many of my friends sit at caf├Ęs and just watch people as they do their thing. It's good for the soul.

• It's public viewing. No harm done.. it's not exactly eye rape.