I'm dieting and I'm so hungry I want to claw the fridge open. Will you tell me it's worth it and I'll have guys falling at my feet when I'm thin?

You don't have to mean it. I just need someone to say it!

Most Helpful Guy

• It will be worth it. I volunteer to be a guy falling at your feet. I will worship your beauty.

• Wow. Thank you for MHO. I bet you are beautful the way you are now

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, don't eat because you will be soooooo hot when you are thin. :)

• THANK YOU

• I need to lose 50 pounds. I started at 190 and I would like to get down to 140. That was a good weight for me. I've had kids so my body isn't what it was, and I accept that.

The diet is just what I feel is reasonable for me. I'm limiting myself to one serving of red meat a week. I find that if I don't eat some red meat I crave it, which tells me that my body needs the iron. I'm boycotting chicken because I'm just so sick of it. I'm focusing on nuts, beans, fish, nonfat yogurt, nuts, and lots and lots of veggies, and fruit.

I cut out dairy except for nonfat yogurt that I put in my smoothies. I got a Nutribullet for Christmas and I'm using that to experiment.

I am mostly going gluten free, except for the whole wheat wraps I use for my lunches. I just made myself a wrap with hummus, red peppers, and alfalfa sprouts.

I'm not weighing portions or counting calories right now. I'm just trying to change the way I eat. I have to make separate meals for the kids.

• Thank you for mho :*

What Guys Said 11

• Some guys will seriously want to bang you, yes. But, that's pretty much always true - it just depends on the sort of guys you want thinking about banging you. If you want 'hot guys' thinking it, then you should also be hot. It's only fair...

But, don't starve yourself. That can actually be detrimental to weight loss because when you do eat you tend not not be capable of stopping yourself and end up over-eating. You must accompany a good diet with exercise. Cardio is the best form of exercise for weight loss, but it is important not to over-eat, and starving yourself makes it really hard not to do so.

You could also stock up on celery. That's one one food that actually takes more calories to digest than it gives back by eating it. Learn to love the taste and you'll lose lots of weight if this is your go-to snack. Do not use any dressing or dippings, though..

• Believe me, I'm eating a lot of celery. Actually my latest discovery is sugar snap peas. Eating them raw is almost like candy. I tried Weight Watchers years ago so I'm very sensitive to all the calories in dressings and sauces.

• However, I'm not looking for sex, not really. I would be happy to just get a date. I go out all the time and guys don't even look at me. They don't talk to me. I can get all dressed up and it's like I'm invisible because I'm fat.

• I'm cutting for the June show lol
    It's worthh it, it's all worth it. Esp now days being fit really separates you from the rest of America.
    Just have a cheat meal once a week. Drink something calorie free, go to sleep, go do something engaging to get your mind off of things.

• Yes, Sunday is the day that my kids and I have our cheat meal, as I'm strictly limiting sweets and snacks for them, too.. Last weekend we went to Friendly's and I let myself have the hot fudge brownie sundae I've been thinking of all week.

• @redeyemindtricks Yeah I love fitness because it's all about self-improvement, mastery, reaching your goals, becoming the best version of yourself, literally almost every facet in your life improves from fitness.

• I do like how it forces people to actually DEFINE goals.

Most people have goals that are non-things. Like, "I'm gna eat healthy", or "I'm gna work harder". Things that aren't precisely defined, and so that allow cop-outs when people fail.

Fitness forces you to set goals that are actually concrete. 2 inches off waist, 10lbs more on 1RM, etc. Goals that you actually have to pass or fail, sink or swim. Most people are VERY uncomfortable with this, and would prefer to have a cop-out available. This, I think, is the biggest way in which self-improvement comes out of SERIOUS fitness efforts, as opposed to just "hitting the gym".

It also contributes to a non-bullshit, scientific understanding of the world. Honestly, it is a lot of people's first real brush with the scientific method, in which they do shit and actually SEE whether it does (n't) work.

I'm glad you didn't say "improve health", by the way, LOL At our level, I'm sure we're taking a few years off our lives with all this shit.

• Better idea. Feel full, and still get slim and have guys giving you attention.

Look, go to a local grocery store, and either by the health food or in the sports nutrition aisle, buy protein bars. 20gram or 30 gram ones. They are only 200-300 calories, similar to a tall glass of milk, but if you eat one with a tall glass of water, it seriously soothes your hunger while helping you diet.

The only downside is they are low on carbs. If you've only been eating protein bars all day and suddenly decide to work out or do a sprint, you will tire quickly. Part of dieting.

• It really is worth it. Stick to it and keep it up! This is also for your own health too, remember that!

• its worth it, but guys still won't be falling at your feet.

• See, guys like you are what drove me to overeat in the first place.

• Haha

• Nobody 'drove' you to do anything - you get to choose for yourself.
      Quit blaming and accept responsibility for yourself and your own decisions.

• foolish foolish women.

If you're hungry - eat! But eat the right things and balance it with exercise. You'll be thin enough.

No one is that hung up on a few pounds, - there are many things much more important.

• You are such a jerk. How dare you.

• And women can be such cunts.

• And nothing in my opinion made fun of you. Your reaction is irrational. We call it solipsism.

• You want us to lie to you? It's not worth it. You're body is telling you it needs something when you're hungry and it's not healthy to ignore it. There are lots of things you can eat that won't hurt your diet. They just have to be healthy things.

• I did eat.. But I'm used to eating more so I'm still hungry.

• Wasting your time. You'll be back filling your face in no time. Diets don't work. You need physical exercise to stay slim not starving yourself

• I'm doing that too, but the trainer says that 75% of weight loss is what you eat.

• It's in the head. If you eat less your metabolism just slows down. You need exercise to lose weight. Not bouncing up and down on the spot in front of the tv in a leotard but circuit work. It's a dynamic steady state. If you burn less calories than you put in you'll gain weight and vice versa. Get a bike or draw up a circular track in a map that starts and ends at your house. It should be about 3 miles to start with. If walking or running do running in bursts of 30 seconds maybe then walk. Do that for the 3 miles gradually incorporating more running and less walking as you get fitter. Remember to warm up properly. Do this 3 times a week to start with. When you can run the 3 miles without a break extend the track. Don't jog. It's bad for the joints and the heart. Take up a speed that carries your body weight forward against gravity. No bouncing up and dwn and heavy footfalls. Raise the knees. I was running 10 miles without a break doing this and was lean as a greyhound

• How much weight are you looking to lose? How are you dieting? The perfect diet you should never be hungry and should never be full

• Also if you eat a few walnuts when you're starving there is a chemical in them that tricks your mind into thinking you're full.

Drink more water, chew gum

• Just be careful if you are on certain drugs as grapefruit juice can effect them. Usually blood pressure and cholesterol meds

• Yes, I know. I can't drink it for other reasons but it's an interesting fact.

• Its worth it but if you dont alrsady have the shape to begin with, it just won't be that kinda bod that we all strive for

Its worth it because it makes you feel good and accomplished with in turn gives you more of a glow people will notice

• Thanks.. that's a great point about the glow. I've been told I have a great ass. That was years ago of course when my ass wasn't as big as my office chair. So I'm hoping to get back to that great ass.

• Have some fruit, or veg, or cereal. And go for a run, or walk uphill...

• I was stuck at my desk because of work. I had eaten my lunch and I had a little bit of fruit, but it was time to just not eat anymore.

What Girls Said 8

• There's a big difference between diet and starve yourself.

Learn how to properly eat healthy, and apply it to your everyday diet. It doesn't have to be a certain way that you choose to eat for a few weeks or months. It needs to be "knowing what to eat, at what times, forever".

Everyone has a diet. It's what you eat on a daily basis.
    Is it worth to change the way you eat? Definitely!
    Is it worth staving yourself? No way!! You're doing it wrong.
    It's educating yourself on what's healthy and what's not.. When to eat and when not to eat.

Is it worth he way you'll look afterward? Of course!! 💁

• I'm not starving. I'm just getting used to being on a restricted diet. I'm waiting for my stomach to shrink so I won't be so hungry.

• No guy is worth starving yourself to death over. If you want to lose weight control your portions to a reasonable amount and exercise. That's it.

• That's what I'm doing. It's just hungry when you go back down to what is supposed to be healthy when you're used to eating more.

• We'll do it together!

• Dieting doesn't work. It's just torture and eventually you're gonna give up.

Just try to eat generally healthy and get regular exercise. Starving yourself is counter productive.

• Unfortunately, that approach hasn't worked for years. I need to do something more drastic as the weaknesses continue to creep on. I need to have a strict plan and stick to it or I won't do it.

• Honestly, it's just part of getting older. Nosense getting too worked up about it. I have also noticed that I put on some pounds over the past couple years that I vent get rid of and I eat better and exercise ore than I ever did before haha

Ps my pic is a very old one.

• I am 50 lbs overweight. I need to get worked up.

• Go eat.
    Dieting should not be starving yourself.

But eat in moderation.

1/3 food, 1/3 water and 1/3 air.

• I'm not starving myself! I'm eating a reasonable amount but my stomach hasn't gotten used to it yet.

• you might feel better after losing weight but dieting doesn't work as well as people say it does. just eat to live not live to eat and the weight melts right off.

• That's what I'm doing. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm hungry.

• are you just starting? because it takes a bit to adjust

• Don't give in! Self control is an amazing skill to have, and your reward will be the results! :)
    But don't lose weight for guys. Lose weight because you want to be healthy and make the most of your body. Nothing is more attractive than confidence.

• There's a difference between dieting and starving yourself. Eat!

• That's how I got this heavy! I would say, I shouldn't start myself. Well I didn't and Here I am.

• Do what you want don't do it for anyone else just yourself , you will meet someone who loves you for you why starv to make someone want you more. People care about looks way to much

• It is hard to feel sexual towards somebody who's physically not appealing, even if you care about them as a person. Plus, I'm competing with a lot of very thin, well-put-together women here in the Philadelphia area. The women are just in a whole other class than me. I've decided it's time to do something about it.