Is this guy shy and likes me or is he just being friendly?

I'm asking this question cause I'm just so confused by this guy lol. It all started when I caught him staring at me. We were in the cafe and I turned my head around while I was sitting down and then I saw that he was staring at me. I looked back at my food and then looked back him again and he was still staring at me. After that, he came up to me and hugged me and asked me how I was.

This was a few months ago. What I don't understand is why he didn't look away when I caught him staring at me. He just continued to stare.
There was another time where he came up to me asked me how I was and hugged me again. This is after I saw him stare at me again. Every time He sees me he hugs me. We had like two hugs that were long and tight. So far we have hugged about 10 times since the school year began. The other hugs were kind of short but I always feel like there's this lingering feeling left behind every time we hug.

When I try to talk to him he walks away quickly and looks kind of nervous and says ummm a lot and his voice gets deeper. Like I feel he wants to talk to me but just doesn't know what to say. I've only been able to have a decent conversation with him when my friends are around but when it's just me and him he's more quiet and nervous.

I can't tell if he likes me or not and I also can't tell if he's shy. He seemed pretty confident when he stared at me and he seems confident enough to hug me but I don't understand why he gets nervous.

Should I honestly just tell him I like him? I've liked him for months now. Or should I wait for him to tell me if he does like me? I don't know what to do. I really want to message him on Facebook or something but I am afraid to because I think he'll ignore me.

Does he honestly like me or not lol.

Like I don't even know what to do. I've never been in a relationship before so like I'm confused and inexperienced with this whole thing. Maybe he's inexperienced too?
I honestly thought he was doing this as a joke or something but it's been months so he's probably not. Oh yeah and he always initiates the hugs.

What Guys Said 1

• He likes you

• What do you think I should do at this point? I'm so confused about everything.

What Girls Said 1

• Awww this is cute. Well he sounds like he's shy. The hugs are unlike shy guys though, he probably does that out of nervousness and his will to be closer to you. He sure does seem to like you. You should start try talking to him first. Don't straight up tell him right now, you should totally message him on fb. There is no reason he wouldn't.

• Yep I think he's shy too. lol I wish he would just admit he likes me. I like him a lot. I kind of find it cool that he remembered me after we met cause we barely see each other so it was surprising to see him hug me and stare at me. I like wanted to speak to him in person but he just says umm a lot and tries to leave the room. It's weird but cute lol.

We have a class in the same building and he hugs me when he sees me in there and I think he was waiting on me in the class room cause he hugged me a few days ago. And then he did it again today. He looked like he wanted to talk but couldn't figure out what to say so he left. This is weirding me out lol.

• That's really weird. I don't know if people can be that shy, I think you should ask him why he keeps running away and shying away. Ask him if you have done like anything wrong. Very calmly, don't interrogate. Just in a concerned fashion.

• That's what I think I'm gonna do. I don't understand him at all. It seems like he likes me but I feel like I'm being led on. I feel like I did do something wrong but I don't know what it is. I keep thinking that maybe I'm not showing that I like him and that's why he avoiding me.

I don't know if I should just be straightforward with him or not. He's making me upset.