Are there any girls that actually prefer medium height guys over tall ones?

I've never heard about but is it common for girls to prefer guys in the range 5'9 - 5'10 over guys that are 6'1-6'2.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do, yes. And then there's some who think that 6'1-6'2 doesn't quite qualify as tall yet and wonder why people think that 6'2 is that much taller than 5'9. Like, if you're going to say you like tall guys, like TALL guys. Ones where no one can dispute the fact that they're tall lol

• if thats ur boyfriend and he is like 6'5'' or sth, his height is probably the only appealing thing about him js

• @lanternhill i understand if its not that tall to you but considiring that the tallest country in the world which is Holland stands at an average height of 6'0" iam even considered tall by their standards and here the average height is 5'9-5'10 so at 6'2 ( when wearing shoes ) i do stand out

• @CoolSky01 Yeah you're tall of course - you're just not *tall* to me. like really tall. Which is fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty sure my mother used to eliminate "potential partners" on the premise of them being "too tall", so yeah. In fact, I think this whole "he must be 6'0" and be twice as tall as I am" thing is prevalent only in the USA for whatever reason. If you're too tall or too short, kissing is inconvenient.

What Girls Said 21

• 5'9 - 5'10 is good, yeah. My boyfriend's 6 foot and his height can be a little annoying so shorter is good.

• I usually date guys 5'11" and up. I'd date a guy that's shorter than that though. I've just noticed that I've never dated someone shorter than 5'11".

• I like 5'9''- 5'10''
    Perfect height for me. Not short but not too tall. I am 5'6''.

• Dude, people are seldomly this picky and specific when it comes to preferences.

• I prefer taller than me but not crazy tall

• Yeah I'm only 5'6 ish so medium is fine😂🙌🏼

• Me.
    But I guess my answer isn't too fair because I'm short.
    So I want a guy taller than me but not much taller.
    I'm 4'11 my boyfriend is like 5'7

If i were taller id prolly go for taller.

• I am no fan of a tall guy. Too lanky and odd looking. 5'6-5'9 sometimes 5'10 and thats perfect.

• i prefer anything up to 5'10

5'7/8 is perfect

• i do, i prefer medium height over tall because i don't like to strain my neck as long as he's taller than me 5'5"

• I like guys my height, that way they're eyes are at my eye level; I don't have to look up.

• i do!

• I'm 5'9" and have always dated guys shorter than me. My current boyfriend of 5 years is 4" shorter than me.

• i prefer guys that are shorter than me (and i'm 5'4) but i do enjoy the occasional medium height guy :)

• I have no preference as long as he's taller than me (and I'm only 5'3") and to be fair there's not a huge difference in the two heights you listed!

• Definitely as long as your not like 5"5 and your cute you shouldn't have a problem

• Not me lmaoooo

• Well I am only 5'2 so I prefer someone not taller than 6'2 or 6'3

• Guess it depends how tall the girl is personally I would prefer a guy 6' or over since I'm 5'7

• So there is no point in a medium height guy to approach a 5'7 tall girl, the insignificant height different cannot be overlook (no pun intended) ?

• Yeh don't see why not my friend is dating a medium height guy and she's about 5'8 she does bring it up a lot however and it raises issues about wearing heels but she likes him for his personality etc not just for his height

• Yeah, they're cool. I have dated more guys in the 5'4"-5'8" range than taller guys.

• Most of the guy I've been into have been between 5'9-6'0 (my area has a little bit higher average height, I think) and I've dated guys who were 5'7-6'7. I've never been that hung up on height, personally.

What Guys Said 9

• if she likes the shorter guy more, chances are she'll go with him over the taller one.

depends on the girl

• No you have to be 6'2

• They equate height with protection. As long as the guys is taller then they are I think that's all that matters to them.

• i know a handful of dudes that pull plenty of ladies. it's all in your mind anonymous.

u get that brawd smiling ear to ear laughing at whatever you have to say... she'll forget all about your height.

• Some do. Some don't.

Nevermind who does or doesn't.

As long as you like yourself, you'll be fine.

• I'm only 6''4... FML...

• if ur between 5'9'' and 6'1'' (175-185) ur good to go

• nattyornot. com/.../build-a-body-like-bruce-lee. jpg
    Bruce Lee was 5'7, just saying...

• I'd consider 5'10 tall lol