This guy asked me to go out and eat dinner with him, should I pay or should he?

Should I pay Or should he? ? Guys im nervous i know nothing about dating!

Most Helpful Guy

• If the guys asks, he should pay. Its etiquette.

Most Helpful Girl

• He should pay. He asked YOU out. Also, hope that he's still into chivalry. That'll really show a gentleman!

• Thanks for MHO! :)

• Then when exactly is the girl supposed to pay? When she asks out? Lol how often does THAT even happen?

• I am not sexisti, but you asked ME to go out with YOU. You're paying it. If I asked you out, im pay ing it. End of story. ;)

What Guys Said 20

• offer to pay for yourself

• Did he say "I wanna take you out to dinner", or did he say "we should grab dinner sometime"?
    The first one implies that he's paying, the second one doesn't. You should always bring some money with you, just in case, and when the check comes, grab it. Why grab it? Cause that shows that you'r not there for the free food. You know he's gonna AT LEAST pay his part, but if he insists on paying for you too, then let him, if he doesn't say anything, then you pay your part, he pays his.

• He should. It's the chivalrous thing to do. It shows him being responsible with his money and shows you he is willing (possibly) to shelter and love you.

• Bring enough to cover your portion, but allow him to pay (unless you're *very* against that for some reason) if he's adamant about doing so.

• Go dutch and split.

• Be prepared to pay for yourself. You are fully capable of doing so and gracing him with your pressence is not a justification for getting free stuff. if he offers to pay then that's fine, but if you aren't actually seripus about dating him you are just using his money.

• Offer to pay for yourself and if he insists on paying then let him

• He asked he pays.

• Are you going to hold it against him if you split the bill?

• Unless he offers to pay suggests splitting it.

• He should be expecting to pay, but it's nice for you to offer to split the check.

• Go half of he pays

• he DID ask.

• If he is seriously interested he will definitely pay. Trust me.

• He should

• whoever got the cash

• Pay seperately. It's the most fair way. Don't listen to the people saying he should pay. Holding sexist standards in dating doesn't help anyone.

• I like how the female picked the RESPONSE which allowed her to get a free meal.

• Your first time eating dinner? Good lord girl you need to come to Canada and eat some poutine!! You will never go to bed hungry.

• i am a poutine master

• split the bill

What Girls Said 5

• always share girl
    insist
    and if he gets super annoyed then let him
    but still I ll get him smthng back again
    I hate owing smthng to anyone
    I prefer that they ll owe me

• He should since he asked you

• Offer to pay but let him pay if he insists.

• Offer to pay for yourself.

• Offer to help to pay