Sleeping with someone: Cuddle or No?

Why do people feel compelled to cuddle before they fall asleep, or when they wake up? After a great session of sex sure... but come on I like my space when it's time for 'Zs'... thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I enjoy some cuddle time when on my way to dreamland. I think it's wonderful falling asleep in someone's arms, especially if that someone is a person you love. It brings two people closer together, gives that sense of safety and warmth. Pretty sure there's some science behind that, hormones and whatnot.

That being said, if it's a hot summer day, cuddling is not my cup of tea AT ALL. But on colder days it's amazing.

I totally understand why some people don't enjoy that though, not everyone has the same needs, it can be uncomfortable... Different strokes for different folks. Some people aren't that affectionate by nature.

What Guys Said 13

• My wife and I cuddle pretty much every night before we go to sleep and I always tell her I Love her before I go to sleep it's our ritual, and if it's cold out we cuddle even more. I enjoy it, I feel it brings us closer together and more intimate without necessarily being sexual, though sometimes it becomes that way, which is ok too. ;-)

• I have problems sleeping, I tried it in the past and ended up hurting my partner because of my nightmares and/or my fidgeting trying to get to sleep and then waking up all of the time. I love cuddling just relaxing after sex or while watching a movie though.

• Hey how are you? I like my space sometimes.

• I've never had the chance to cuddle anyone in bed, but I guess it's because of the psychological warmth that comes with human contact. Imagining it, I think it would be my favorite activity.

• It really doesn't bother me one way or another. I think it's cute really, if the couple isn't too hot after sex to do it, lol.

• I've had a couple of girlfriends that don't like to cuddle which works for me but is rare in my opinion.

• Just to be clear, you're talking about just sleeping next to the other person, not sex, right?

If so, then I would say either. I feel I could fall asleep while cuddling or not cuddling.

• It doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't ask for it.

• people tend to cuddle when opportunity knocks cuz most couples don't live together

• It's always a nice gesture of affection. But its true that unless you a so tired you could fall asleep standing upright, to cuddle and fall asleep is not easy.

• YESS CUDDLE 😛

• Cuddle Definitly cuddle

• i so can't stand cold and emotionless women like you.

What Girls Said 8

• I hate cuddling. Okay, well maybe not hate but I like my space as well. But I had amazing sex Tuesday night and we cuddled all night and I was surprisingly fine with it. I also get really claustrophobic so I can't be cuddled up for too long. lol.

• I'm a cuddler. I like to cuddle. I will attack people for cuddles while asleep not kidding I have video evidence my friends tease me about it. Plus side I only spend time with cuddly people I don't try and force cuddles onto people that don't like cuddling it's just a requirement to spend time with me.

• I also live in basically an igloo so the over heating thing not an issue

• I love falling asleep cuddled up together, makes me feel so safe and loved wrapped up in his big strong arms. = ] we sleep like that pretty frequently.

• ermm I don't know I never had sex. But if I like a guy (which is rare) and got close to him (which is rarer) then I would want him all over me most of the time.
    it s basic need here.

• I love cuddling. I don't know i just feel closer and more comfy when im in my boyfriends arms when laying down.

• I don't like cuddling.

• cuddle

• Depends who the guy is lol