What to do about new relationship with ex on Valentine's Day?

My ex and I recently reconnected and decided to take things slow. It's strange timing since Valentine's Day is coming up. It's such a romantic holiday and in the past I have celebrated it because I think it's a fun holiday. But I don't want to put any pressure on him and I'm not expecting anything at all. My plan was to ignore it and treat it as a normal day. Should I let him know that I don't expect anything, ask him what he wants, or just ignore the holiday?

Most Helpful Guy

• First see if he does anything on his own for you that day. Maybe he might surprise you. I think you should have to say anything about it.

What Guys Said 1

• hey for all the relationships that split up cuz of Valentine's day.. gotta give it credit for relationships it creates...

i'm sure some people will find that to be a "fake" reason... but i beg to differ

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him you don't expect anything, it'll let him know you're not planning on celebrating it and there's no pressure on him to do anything either

• Maybe don't spend time with him.