What can I do to get a guys to notice me?

I'm always told that I'm pretty and beautiful, i have long dark brown curly hair and dark brown eyes and fair skin I'm 5'5, and almost 16. I dress in a very bohemian way. No guys ever talk to me though! Im not rude I'm a nice person I'm a little quite and little over weight not verey much though but once you get to know me I'm really funny and outgoing and i love to go do fun things and try things like camping and hiking and stuff like that! what am i doing wrong!! I do dress up everyday makeup, high heels, and lip sticks, but i really do it for my self to feel more confident. my friends say that I'm just to intimidating and i scare of the guys... but i honestly think they say that to make me feel better. they always have guys after them and texting them. i have 2 guys phone number and thats my brother and dad... i just don't know what to do! where am i going wrong? what are a list of things i should do to get a guy to notice me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Smile more, and appear upbeat and gregarious in their presence to perhaps appear approachable. Also, don't avoid eye contact. Flirt. Greet them here and there (a simple hello should suffice).

Bear in mind that many guys look for signs of reciprocity prior to approaching females and will only approach after receiving such signs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It's too soon anyway. I wouldn't worry about it that much if I were you. You're only 16. You will eventually date.

What Guys Said 12

• Add me to the list : D. Then you'll have 3? Lol jk you probably are just too pretty to approach. It happens : D

• Friends are tying to help, why stiff arm them?
    Mentally photo the appearance of popular gals who have BFs attractive to you then make personal changes to those creations to employ.
    Then work more on being less weight, more OPEN to conversations, quips, hellos, eye contact and other "openers" so others can get to know you.

• Don't worry, guys will come along eventually.

• When I think of a girl thats intimidating, I usually think either they are really tall or wear too much makeup. 5'5" is average height so maybe just simplify your makeup a bit. If I see someone with absolute perfect looking skin from a lot of makeup on, I think 'how can I compete with that?' or 'she looks so much prettier than me, there's no way she'll go for me'. Otherwise you sound like a fun, well rounded person so you should do fine.

• Sometimes you have to be the ones to make the first move. Some guys are just that intimidated. I don't know for a fact that that's the answer, but that's all I got.

• Don't get discouraged your still very young ant the righ guy will notice you for who you are. I'm sure you will meet some great guys in the years to come. I'm 50 and have only had a hand full of single dates in my life but still hoping a woman will notice me. So I still have a little hope I will meet some one. I'm sure you will have more luck in this than me.

• Maybe it's just because you're ugly honestly. All girls are told they're pretty, but not all of them actually are.

• Trying doing some guy stuff, like playing video games, betting on Football, Watching Action movie. You will never run out things to talk about.

• Be openly friendly and approvable, smile at people, have welcoming body language. Sometimes I find just walking past people and saying hi and smiling will make you seem way less intimidating, and make people notice you.

• Just try to not ignore them

• Wear a thong that hangs out when you bend over and yoga pants.

• - Maybe they do notice you and just don't approach.
    - If the guys aren't arty/bohemian, they may assume you're not into them. Most guys will happily date a girl with a different style to them, but assume she's looking for guys that would meet her definition of cool.
    - I have no idea how to interpret 'a little over weight but not very much'. Because some girls say that meaning they'd need to lose 5 lbs to model, and most guys would think they look perfect. Other girls say the exact same thing, meaning they're 40 lbs overweight. This could be anywhere from an irrelevant little insecurity, to a total dealbreaker.
    - Guys hit on quiet girls much less. This isn't because guys don't like quiet girls. Many do. The problem is, quiet girls are -harder- to hit on. Furthermore, quiet + pretty is almost always interpreted as 'not interested' rather than 'shy'.

If you're really overweight fix it. If not, forget about it.

Combination of style + quiet is likely making guys not realize you might be interested. Talk to guys more, flirt a little.

What Girls Said 2

• if ur friends say u are intimidating, maybe an idea would be to try a little extra to come across as approachable and flirty when u are interested. u sound confident in ur skin and style which is great and special being so young. a lot of ur peers are probably working their way to that confidence and so boys may be intimidated by that. it ain't easy asking a girl out. if that doesn't work, im pretty confident u will meet guys in college since people are more secure by then and there's more diversity.

• stop being quiet boys like girls who are confident