Would you date a muslim, or have you ever had a crush on a person who's obviously Muslim (male or female)?

Like a girl wearing a hijab (headscarf) a guy who's very obvious about it. If not, are you intimidated by them? Religious differences? explain.

• Yes I have and would date one.
  • No I have not but would date one.
  • No, and I would never date one.
  • Yes I have but I wouldn't ever do it again.
I think that religion takes a big part in marriage, not dating. interesting responses though, i know a girl who wears hijab and she dates tons of non-muslim guys.
weekly bump

Most Helpful Guy

• I have crushed on them from time to time, especially since I am Eastern Orthodox Christian and so culturally we are very similar in many ways (including the head covering). Though to be honest, I do not think that I could ever date one. It isn't that I don't like them, but that I know it would be against their religion to date a man outside of their faith, just as it would be against mine. I would feel guilty causing someone to violate their religion, and I would not want to violate my religion either.

• it seems that most of the people on here are white/christian or athiest thanks for the opinion!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not religious, so I'd approach it with the same caution I approach dating any religious person with. So long as their religious beliefs don't cause their worldview to strongly conflict with my own (which generally means they can't be too strongly religious, but I suppose it's possible) I'd probably be fine. But just them being Muslim would not in and of itself completely make me uninterested in dating them.

• Wow, you're of legal age now. 😉

That means...

It's time to vote!

What Guys Said 40

• No, I would never date a Muslim, for one simple reason - I see no future with her unless I convert to Islam, and I have no intention of converting to ANY religion.

• Let's just say, I've encountered a few Muslim girls and repeatedly ran face first into brick walls of ethnocentric dogma. Look, I tried to be tolerant and accepting, and ironically accepting them for who they were wasn't enough. We had no future unless I converted.

Islam is spread by more than just the sword. The scripture is truly diabolical in how it coerces people to think one way, or no way.

Based on my previous experiences, I know to never approach a Muslim girl for romance. Waste of time. I tried.

• .. ok well i guess that's true about all religious scripts since their main point is to lead thought into a certain direction since that's the entire point of religion but i'm curious, would you say the same about religious Christians?

• Judeo-Christian values are much closer in line with my values compared to other religions. There are plenty of flaws of course.

Being Atheist, even Christian girls are off the table. However, I grew up Christian and know that there are plenty of secular Christians that go to Church for tradition rather than a literal God. To me, that's fine. I respect cultural tradition. I don't respect ethnocentric dogma, as is the case with Islam.

• No, never been attracted to one, never will be, not interested in dating them, they're not allowed to date anyways.

If they wear a headscarf, I don't trust them. That's my rule on it.
    Why? Because they follow a doctrine of internalized misogyny and sexism!
    No, the whole "hiding my hair keeps me pure" won't really sell it to me.

• i wear a headscarf and i'm definitely not internalizing sexism and misogyny, would you say the same for a nun?

• @echoaj thats good its good to have different views

• "Yes I have and would date one." but

1. I'd be scared of their fathers trying to harm them for something I did (like me waving or approaching them).

2. I'm a black dude from the hood (like I'm not the guy her father wants to see walk through his door HAHAHAHA)

3. I'm not religious + I know or think that they're only supposed to date other Muslims, right? So it wouldn't work out.

4. If they practice the religion the right way, that'll mean no sex before marriage. And I couldn't do it.

But hey I'd happily walk through a park with a girl dress like this dybiz.com/.../sexy_cute_muslim_scarf_girl.jpg if given the chance. It's just that the "religion's rules" would get in the way, not the way that they dress.

• And I already know we'd be "mean mugged" just by walking together. but hey it's none of their business, right?

• The way she dresses is part of the religion rules.

• @Mesonfielde I've always wondered was it a rule and why some of them didn't wear them in public? But do you mean how she's "covered" of the "hijab"? Because either way i wouldn't mind it since I'd know how she looks under neath it all ^_^

• I'm not religious, so ideally my partner would be atheist too, though the girl I'm talking to/with (kinda complicated) is Christian. At first it was a turn off, but then I thought "well, let's see if we can deal with this", and so far it hasn't been a problem, but who knows in the future.

I wouldn't date a Muslim girl though, I'm completely against Islam and their beliefs so I can't date a girl that supports that.

• Are you in an area that has Muslims?

• I was born and raised in Spain, so there's always been some Muslims around me, some of them were my friends too.
      Now I live in America, where there's quite a considerable amount of Muslims.

• I'm not sure, I know that isn't terribly helpful, but I don't know if muslims can date outside their own religion or what the rules are regarding that. I'm not muslim however I have no issues with muslims or really any other religions. I suppose if I were single again and a muslim girl was interested in me I wouldn't be opposed to it.

• At this point I WOULD PREFER a Muslim woman! They are comfortable being females, for the most part. Second reason is that I think she would be respectful enough to let me raise my kids and not use the courts here in our BS system to lie and keep them from me just because she is mad at me, or has some childhood issues I didn't know about that made her a sociopath.

Anyway, arab woman are gorgeous, I know not all Muslims are arab, there are black and white Muslims, but its the traditional viewpoint that I respect, not the radical one, just the traditional one.

• "Would you date a muslim?"
    - If that means someone born to muslim parents, yeah
    - If that means someone actually following Islam- the NO

"have you ever had a crush on a person who's obviously Muslim"
    -yep

"If not, are you intimidated by them?"
    -why the hell would someone be intimidated? No logic there

Basically no dating a religious Muslim

• I don't think I would be allowed to anyways since I'm white and a Catholic. The Muslim women at my university will not even acknowledge your existence unless you are also Muslim or are a woman.

• I couldn't date a Muslim to be honest with you with me being Christian it would just be way to complicated I've tried the whole dating other religions type thing and it ended badly. I'll be with my own religion now a days but I have/am interested in gals of middle eastern descent.

• well a lot of middle easterners are christian so you got some luck there, thanks for ur opinion.

• yeah thats true something new everyday

• Yea I've met some that are such amazing girls. When they are able to combine reality with the positives of religion, that combo is pure and very hard to beat. I just met one the other day, with a hijab, and she was absolutely a rare rose.

But if she's a religious quack and can't separate her life with the after life, then those are the trouble makers

• I think Muslim girls are beautiful and so attractive. I would surely date one as long as it does not interfere with my lack of belief. Although I'm pretty sure Muslims are not allowed to date only marry especially not with a non Muslim.

• I think the religion would cause problems. Even if she was cool about it, I bet there'd be some in her family who wouldn't be.

I also find the headscarves to be extremely unflattering.

• I'd date any religion. I don't think it would be really LT.

• I'm actually attracted to Muslim girls but they don't date anyone else than Muslim guys cause of religion and all so I don't try anymore now !
    But they're damn hot 🔥

• No, I don't think I could ever date a Saracen. She has to be Christian, preferably Catholic, for me to date her.

• i had to google what a Saracen was lol but thanks for your opinion

• No, the correct term is Somalian. Because Somali is an arabic terminology. I am from India. I can call myself Hindustani, I don't. That's the correct term in my language, not English. Somalian is correct in English.

• @lonerider no i'm sure it's somali in English, in arabic it's pronounced soomaaliyah.

• I don't mind Muslims. I was born a Muslim but have been an Atheist for a while. I wouldn't mind if she was a Muslim and I understand the culture but she also needs to understand that it's very unlikely that I'll ever go back to Islam.

• I'm muslim my self and I would date only muslim girls, nd If she is wearing hijab that's better becoz I think they are more trustable with it

• I am a Muslim so my answer is pretty much obvious 😛

• sure I would. as long as she respects my own believes and he religion has not a huge impact on our daily life I don't see the problem

• Very unlikely, the main reason is that I don't want her to get killed by her father for dating me, the other reason is that I didn't want anything to do with this ultra violent and sexist religion.

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ing-said-hed-again.html

• i understand ur fear but its unfounded and lol DailyMail... really

• Well looks like that the link about Sweden was not working, so I would try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uws9BlnJmjI

• I know the truth already, and yes I am talking in generalize style, like I was already saying it is not personal, it's about how much violent and sexist muslim society is as whole.

i1. tribune. com. pk/.../...441112196-529-640x480. jpg

• yes why not i don't mind if i like the person

• op i already tried with one but she rejected me. it all depends on the person

• i read some parts of the quran. knowing what it commands how to treat infedels, no way.

sunnis are worse extremists (arabs etc.) but still, no.

muslim girls wanted to give us a try in the past but i declined.

• I am a typical white American. I have slept with many Moslem women. I am currently messaging a new one online, and we plan to sleep together on the day we meet, in a few weeks.

Not all people are as worldly traveled and comfortable with other cultures as I am. And obviously, the Moslem women I date have no problem in having sex with a non-Moslem and not being married to him (a few were virgins when we met).

• I 'might' date a muslim girl. I'm just not into dating :P

• I am familiar with muslims. I will be nice to them but because i am a messianic jew i can't and won't. I am White, Asian, Native American (North), and a little middle eastern. The last to are small pecentages.

• No, I wouldn't.
    No, I never had and never will.

• I remember in high school in the morning i was a sophomore and the girl i think she was a senior... her ethnicity was muslim or arabian, she was watching me do my homework
    I really didn't care and when i got an answer wrong she goes
    "I think you need to check that one again sweetheart"

was the sweetest thing.. ever.. she eventually helped me with it all and i ended up getting a good grade.

i had to switch schools not even a year later because we moved but still i won't forget how sweet that was of her

• muslim is not an ethnicity and neither is arabian (its arab), thanks for the anecdote :)

• yeah i get that confused with religion and welcome

• I have never known anyone well that was muslim, but I would never say know if I got to know the person and really liked them.

• No, I would not date one and I wouldn't ever date one. I want to date someone who believes in the same things that I do. Nothing against them in any way, of course. We just have differing beliefs is all.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 16

• I'm Christian and dated a Muslim for about 6 months. His religion never interfered with me, except he didn't drink so hanging out in a bar for drinks was out.

• Sure. However, they have to accept that I'm not religious and I'm not about to do religious activities so it'd just be their thing, not my thing. At the same time, I would have to make sure I was open minded and didn't look down on them for being religious. It could be difficult depending on our personalities but it's definitely a possibility.

• I would never date a religious Muslim guy. They probably want to indoctrinate this "infidel" and i'm SO not cool with that. Plus, i would be scared of what Position women holds for him. Does he, like many radical Muslims, think that women are inferior to men and this can be "disciplined" using violence? Does he think that I should cover up my arms and hair and neck? Does he think that I should bleed on the first night? If he thinks this way, he can go drown in the ocean for all I care. I refuse to have anything to do with a sexist narrow-minded, brainwashed plg.

• lol where are you getting your information from? fox news?

• By your logic, Christians are all sexists as well judging from the amount of sexism within the bible (“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)) I'm not over here judging all Christians for that verse, why? Because I know Christians are human beings and have a conscience. You should use your logic and deduce that maybe, just maybe, the individual is to blame for the crimes they commit, not a book.

Also being religious is not mutually exclusive from being tolerant and respectful. The most respectful and tolerant people I've met were respectively a religious Catholic and a Muslim.

• You didn't answer my question, sister ;)

Yeah Christianity is kinda sexist too. But at least it tells husbands to love their wives instead of using violence to "discipline" them.

And I did say that there are more tolerant Muslims. Those I could maybe get along better with. Look, as long as I get the respect I deserve from them and they don't treat me differently because of my sex or Religion, i can be friends with Muslims. That's all that matters.

But dating? Like I said, and like others have said, they'd probably want to cover this "infidel" and that's not respect in my opinion.

• im muslim no hijab tho
    obvi would date/marry muslim
    im amazed at how many assume all muslims are practicing and strict! i guess not as much exposure irl with western muslims. anywways yeh thats it :d

• I am a Muslim myself.. but wouldn't dare a Muslim girl cuz I am straight.. lol.. 😛 and would sure date a Muslim guy if he's hot.. not conservative.. sorta like Zayn Malik.. xD

• Piu is actually the first non Muslim guy I ever crushed on. I almost only crush on Muslims and would Love to marry one, but only a true practicing educated Muslim like my father not the "New Generation Muslim" or ignorant villager Muslim.

• no prob lol. good to hear its a-ok.

• Your health? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED SARA 😱😱😱😓😓

• I would, but generally speaking Muslims are not interested in atheists with no intention of not converting.

• Sorry, double negative.

*with no intention of converting

• another big rule of islam is to not judge other people's relationship with god because it's their business.

• If you don't believe god exists, I feel like most people with any kind of faith would either try to convince you there was a god (which I have no interest in) or avoid you. They wouldn't be looking to date you.

Case in point: all the Muslim boys I went to university with had a crush on me. However, knowing I was both white and an atheist, they never pursued anything.

• Not a practicing one.. But then again I wouldn't date a person who practices any dogma

• I would marry one, lol but I am Muslim myself

• among all these opinions, your one of the few to say yes loll not a lot of Muslims around

• Haha, yep. I believe this site had more Muslim two years ago than now

• I'm Muslim & love who will love me whatever his believe & ignore any offender, They committed tomisunderstand.

As Quran taught me if you found them insulting the Quran & prophet simply Do not set with them say nothing! Go! Don't waste your time!

• Nope. I'm an atheist and I wouldn't date a religious person, Muslim or Christian or whatever. But Muslim especially because I never want to convert and/or let someone tell me what to do with myself.

• I had a crush on this guy in my class who is obviously something lol, he wears a turban thing, but I found out that he is already married so it can never be... :'(

• lol he was probably Sikh, Muslims don't wear turbans to class.

• Did he wear a metal band (like a large ring) in his hand?

• Yeah he was Sikh, thank you. The point I was trying to make was that I don't care what anybody is as long as they treat me right.

• I don't agree with the Islamic religion or their treatment of women

• Some guys I know who aren't Muslim really love Muslim girls and would love to date one. I'm Muslim, but i don't really wear hijab. Only time I wear hijab is when I'm going to the mosque (or sorry, when my hair won't go right haha) and honestly, what always shocks me and makes me feel kinda bad is that I get so so SO many more guys approaching me trying to get my number or something when I'm wearing it... It's so weird, it's like the opposite of what it is there for but i don't think they get that haha they just think oh look a good Muslim girl to be my wife lmao. It actually puts me off wearing it sometimes because these guys make me sick.
    One guy was so funny haha, he was like hello... sima sima laikum sister... Please can I talk to you 😂😂 well, at least he tried to say it right I guess lmao

• that's hilarious lol, it's opposite for me i get more approaches when i'm not wearing it

• If that's you in your profile pic, it's probably because you're really pretty with it. Like the classic hijabi beauty. And people always think Muslim girls are really good girls, so they'd think you're a good girl, you study hard, are hard to get and on top of that you're pretty, that's hard for guys sometimes.

• thank you :) i'm sure you're gorgeous too

• I don't think I could date someone who was very strongly religious, no matter what their religion was. If he was moderate though--believed in most of the principles, but wasn't hard core and didn't try to pressure me into joining--I'd date a Muslim guy (or any other religion).

I do admit though, that I have some more hesitation dating someone who claimed he was Muslim than someone who claimed he was Buddhist or Christian or something. I feel guilty about it, and probably it's because of media influence. But I just subconsciously feel that Muslim men are less likely to respect me as an equal and respect my right to choices. It's silly, since I know there are as many inequality issues in Christian doctrine as there are in Islam, and Christian guys can still treat girls as equals, so obviously Muslim guys can too. But it's still a subconscious belief that I've built up, and I know it's unfair, but a Muslim guy would have to prove himself as a decent person to me more than a guy of another religion would. :/

• Dear, i am an gyptian muslim girl , i am dating a non-religious chirstian American guy , we met abroad , and fell in love , we got along very easily, he knew i was , muslim from the first day and still he couldn't help but fall in love with me, we were hanging out and walking hand in hand , i met his bestfriends and they all loved me, we were laughing and enjoying our time together, still i didn't drink with him and i didn't have sex with him, he accepted it and loved me, but we still hugged and kissed him on his cheeks, i went back to me country and we are still talking, his friends are scaring him a lot, he read about our religion and go very scared, fearing that he will have to change a lot in order to marry me. but what i do is that i try to comfort him as much as i can , i tell him that islam doesn't have to be very hard/strict on non muslims that want to convert, i assure him that i won't push him to do anything against his will, and that specially in Egypt, the society is not very closed as he thinks , anyway, we are still together, we have times when we freak out and want to back step, but we are still willing to see what will happen, since i have also seen him drinking, seen his friend partying and drinking and kissing, and i never judged any of them and never judged him,,, the key is to love the person for who he is without trying to change him/her

• yeah egyptians aren't THAT religious, khaleej arabs are more.

• @echoaj my mum knows and my brother, they are cool about it

• Hey asker we egyptians mostly. know the true relgion which is moderation , not because we aren't relgious