How important is the JOB of a potential lover?

To me it's not that important at all. I mean, I wouldn't date an actor or someone in a band, I wouldn't date a model or stripper. Those are jobs that I don't think I could handle, depending on the details. What I mean by not important is I don't care if he's a garbage man, works at a fast food restaurant or cuts hair for a living, I would still want him. All I care about is that he's doing something.

Extra questions

Do you care if he/she has a college degree or not?
What about if they're a high school dropout but have a job?
Is there a job that would turn you off of a potential lover?
What standards do they need to meet in success for you to date them?

The poll for short and sweet answers. =)

• The person I date needs to be very successful, and make good money.
  • I don't care about the job they have, at least they have one.
  • I'm not picky on the job, but there are some jobs I can think of I would have a problem with. / example?
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I do care about her job. For some reason that even I don't understand, I really want her to be either in a STEM field or graduated with a STEM degree. If there's no STEM somewhere, I'm not so pulled.

No.

I don't care, my project manager is a high school dropout who makes over $100K

Early Education.

I don't define success by income but rather by skill. I've known really really bright people in minimum wage jobs and met absolute retards in the workplace.

P. S I don't necessarily put a heavy amount of emphasis on this. Like I wouldn't kill any interaction with a girl because she's in early education. It's definitely negative points in my book but if she gets more positive points in other areas, then that's a keeper.

Most Helpful Girl

• call me shallow idc
    he gotta be in the same level as me or higher when it comes to education, job and social standards.
    Now a college degree or school drop out it depends... I know people that did so and ended up brilliant. self thought people are amazing to chat with...
    but of course I won t be too keen on someone being a garbage man or working as waiter. At least for it not to be his long goal. Ambition is impo in live, keeps you motivated.

What Guys Said 7

• I care if she's happy with what she has. Material isn't a motive for me in life. In Western Society, the vast majority of us are wealthy compared to the rest of the world.

I also look for intelligence. Often, being ambitious in academia sends a signal that she's intelligent, but it's not completely reliable. She has to demonstrate her intellect.

Why is intelligence important? Because dumb people make dumb decisions and can't be trusted. Dumb people can't reason effectively, therefore nothing gets done right. That's about it.

• I wouldn't want a serious relationship with a porn-star, stripper, model, actress, singer, cop or blogger. I'm on the fence about lawyers. Part of me thinks it could be cool but the other part of me feels like they can be really arrogant and manipulative :/

Everything else is fine :)

• As long as she is happy and ambitious I'm satisfied! I make pretty damn great money so I'm not too concerned that way.

• I'd probably have a tough time dating a pornstar, stripper, prostitute, or some other form of sex worker. If it was their past job, then that's a different story; the past is in the past.

• Money is everything.

Terminal disease, I would like to be a stay at home husband/father. Not risk infections and be able to do treatments as needed. To bad I always end up with retail workers.

• I'm not really concerned with their job as long as they can support themselves and I don't have to.

• As long as she's not a stripper hooker or a medical doctor I don't care

• I'm curious, why are doctors in that group?

• 3 resion 1 eventually she is going to lose a patient and I don't know how to help in that situation 2 I like the diet and lifestyle I have know and don't want her to worry about my heath and 3 I would rather my wife not touch other guys infected junk ever

What Girls Said 3

• as long as they have a job, then i don't really care; except for something that's in the sex industry perhaps

• i didn't care until i met my boyfriend and i appreciate his dedication to his businesses

• Honestly, I don't care unless of course they traded their body for money.