My boyfriend never takes me out, is this bad?

Me and him have been together for a year and a half. He is very caring, we get along great but one thing is that he doesn't take me out anywhere, not saying he has to pay but basically we spend no quality time outside. I always felt it's because he works full time and goes to school so he's always tired and also he is paying for school out of pocket. Those are the only things I can think of. When ever I bring it up why we don't go out he gets defensive. I am starting to get a little bored. should I break up with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people prefer to spend quality time inside, at home. Going out can be expensive.

" I always felt it's because he works full time and goes to school so he's always tired and also he is paying for school out of pocket. " explains a lot.

If you prefer to be high maintenance, he just can't afford you.

Most Helpful Girl

• My guy is like this too.
    But this is after being together for almost 10 years.
    I wouldn't break up with him, but I'd definitely start going out with friends.
    If he bitches about it, then tell him "What am I supposed to do stay home like an old lady? You don't take me out."
    I do say that to my guy, and now he wants to take me out more than ever.
    Someone has no room to complain if they aren't pleasing their partner.
    It's called making an excuse.

• Excuses make me fed up.
      There's too many reasons not too try.
      I'd definitely develop a social life outside of him, if going out is what you want.

What Guys Said 1

• it can be so many reasons. maybe he suffers from social anxiety or he just doesn't like going out. we all have different personalities with different tastes so its normal he doesn't like going out. the question is can you accept him for who he is?

• I could deal with this personality if he came straight out and told me that he just doesn't like going out. I have my moments when I like to stay inside but sometimes I rather hang with him then my friends. Also to add he doesn't have friends, his family is his friends

What Girls Said 1

• Are you sure he's not married?

• Can you just answer the question...

• I'm saying I know some people that have date married men (not knowing) & they would do the same thing. I say just find some people to go out with & maybe that'll make him want to go out more.