What is the best way to go about finding a girl for a date for Valentine's Day?

Facebook? Cold approach in the street? Find one in a bar this weekend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Um.

You can throw a single's party so that you can find a potential match. This takes the couples out of the equation. Get a group of friends to come over for hors d'oeuvres and drinks.

You can also invite people where you work to come over as well. Keep it light by getting people up and talking.

Talk with some people, and get their phone numbers. Pick out one which you made a real connection with. If you really hit it off with someone, you can ask them right then and there to go out for Valentine's Day.

:\

• women under 27 are not necessarily fond of singles party.. sorry can't agree, bad idea!
      street/bar /anywhere is a better idea

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a shop that's opened up with girls available specially for Valentine's day - given the time frame that's best suited lol :D jk 😜

In a bar you may get a tipsy ONS at the most

For most girls that believe in Valentine's day they aren't looking at a quick fix for one particular day.

Unless they seriously consider you a partner, I doubt any girl will be interested in a one day Valentine unless you try your luck on any of the avenues you mentioned above and get lucky. You can also add Omegle & Tinder to your list :)

All I can say is good luck :)

• Thank you buddy for your kind and thoughtful gesture of selecting my opinion the MHO :) <3

I sure hope you did find a Valentine this year but if not then next year for sure :)

However, when one has a girl I'd say treat her well and every moment with her as the Valentine's day <3

What Girls Said 14

• Join an art club or a sport club or something and find a nice girl and chat her up!

• Go to the end of the rainbow and I'm sure the leprechaun will help ya out if you promise not to take his gold. ;) Why not try that Tinder app? Or the grocery store

• tinder ? really! i'm sure if it worked for him he wouldn't be here

• If he lives below a rock I agree with you!

• @timetraveller1... just because people have heard of it, doesn't mean they've used it. I feel like I'm getting stuck in a silly argument. Point is, I don't know why you were so offended by my suggestion to him? I know what Tinder is, but I haven't utilized it to look for a date. But am aware I could.

• How about you go to the supermarket and buy a tube of ice-cream? The you'll be set to an amazing afternoon with Ben and Jerry's and no one on your case to nag you about not date on Valentine's day. Too much pressure on people because of that day! Valentine's day is bullshit and all about consumerism, my friend. Ice cream is better.

• She will just think that you only want to see her because it's Valentine's day. But hey I'm not going to hate on you for trying to get a date, go ahead if you want to do it.

• Don't bother. Stay in, order some takeout, drink some wine, watch a movie etc.

• Get a fishing rod and use roses and chocolates as bait. Stand at the top of a tall building, wait until you see the desired prey then let the wire dangle and just wait. Don't reveal yourself too much, you might want to wear a ski mask.

• Lol women are not commodities

• I'm available if you have no girl :)

• it s a bit too late now for that no? :P
    guess you re gonna be all by yourself this year xD

• Plenty of Fish

• On the streets a bad idea. Go where girls what to meet someone. A bar, online...

• tinder

• Network through your friends maybe. Ask if they know someone that would like to date.

• Valentine day is just another day of the year. my parents say if you can't show affection for your special person every day than that one day (Feb 14) is meaningless. and if its that important to you than just hanging out with friends who also don't have a date. That way your not alone and your still having a good time with others.

What Guys Said 25

• Lol. Valentines Day isn't prom night. Bro. Picking a girl for just Valentines Day is pretty stupid. Most of us here will be on G@G on the day so you can chill with us.

• Tinder is probably your best bet here.

• Just hang out with your female freinds and if they spot a girl that likes you they will let you know and push you towards her. I suggest going to a bar or the beach for this.

• Cold approach is the best bet. Girls are more likely to be opened for a quick instant date in this day.

• The bar? Do people your age still think a bar is a good place to go to pick up girls? I thought y'all went to clubs and had like twenty profiles online plus facebook?

I suppose in a big city going to a popular bar or club would be good, but there are concerts, seminars, tournaments (chess-pool-bowling), costume parties, art shows, stock shows, gun shows, etc all focused on singles on valentines day or the days leading up to it all over in big cities.

• I'm afraid dates can't be ordered by a certain time.

It must be an ongoing process you go about it the same way anyone else would under any other circumstance you put yourself out there You network you socialize you meet people when you find someone you feel like asking out you go ahead and do so

That last paragraph was brought to you by speech recognition. I don't know how to punctuate sentences that way.

• What I've done before was ask a friend out. They wouldn't mind going out because she doesn't have a date, I don't have a date, and staying at home doesn't sound all that great. I would just be like "hey, I'm not down to be at home for Valentines Day, lets go do something." I'd do the roses and the whole bit and it would be a cool play date.

• On Valentines Day, the Clubs and Bars will be filled with Ladies AS USUAL around that time of year. It will be fairly easy to get a date. Still shocked you guys don't realise this.

Of course that's if your confidence is pretty good then go for it.

Facebook... NO... Tinder... Maybe... Pornhub... ha ha ha... probably XD

• The problem with those ladies is that almost all of them want nothing to do with a guy. They are to bitter on valentines day to ask out on a date.

• All the girls want is a free drink and they leave and the guy gets nothing from it

• Go to Craigslist and make a post, "$500 to anyone who will be my date on Valentine's Day. Sex is possible, but not presumed."

• If u wanna "date" nothing lol. However if you looking for just hook ups, Tinder is like filled with it on that day lol

• Valentine's Day is kind of a couples holiday. A first date on Valentine's Day is too much pressure for both people.

• I would say online. but where are you from? im from a town of 200 so its like no dates on sites they live too far.

• Dating apps

I've noticed girls are way more receptive leading up to valentines day so they're prob feeling like you do

• Honestly, it's a better idea to wait until after to start looking.

• heard @teawrecks needs one

• You can try to find parties only for random singles, they must be happening all over the place.

• The most likely you'll find a "date" is in a bar over the weekend for a drunken ONS.

• Ask a random girl in the Supermarket/Bar/Street: "You as a girl, What is the best way to go about finding a girl for a date for Valentine's Day?" :)

• Bars I guess, most people there will be single and probably feeling bad they don't have a date, but it may be a bit strange, but go ahead.

• How about you forget this day exists and treat it just like any normal day...

• Girls love someone named Molly.

• Haha wow, you are so desperate.

• Why do you need a girl for Valentines Day? Is it really that important? Just for a single day?

• it's best not to do that...

• Don't try tinder... it is full of fake profiles and spammers. Also the girls on there never reply