Would you date someone who did not want to have sex with you until you were married?

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure

Most Helpful Girl

• I saved sex for marriage, thinking it was the right thing to do, and it was a huge disappointment. We were sexually incompatible. I know people say that's an excuse and anybody can learn how to have good sex together, but we really couldn't. He wasn't interested in learning, either. I gave up after a while and just forced myself to do my wifely duty.

I am no longer religious, which is what drove me to be celebrate before, & I do believe that you should, once you've been together for a while, to see if that part of your relationship is as compatible as the rest. I don't think you should make yourself emotionally vulnerable that way until you know them very well.

Most Helpful Guy

• A couple of times, I have dated a virgin Asian girl (the virgins are always Asian). Within the first three sentences of sitting down, "I just want to let you know, I am a virgin and I am saving myself for my wedding night, so NO SEX!" I kind of grinned and nodded my head.

About 48 hours later, she was WOT and really getting into it, that being her first time of sex. I asked, "By the way, I thought you were saving your virginity for marriage?" "Oh, forget it!"

The reality is that only about 2.5% of American women are virgins when they marry, but the median age of a virgin marriage is 19, compared to 27+ for everyone else. They really are not waiting to have sex, they are just getting married earlier. Then they run into the divorce rate for young marriages being astronomical. So, when they are 30, they saved their virginity all right, and now have three kids, no husband, no college education, and no prospects.

What Girls Said 13

• Nope. Not happening. No way. Bye bye.

• Depends on what his reasons were I guess. I don't think I could be involved with anyone who was too religious.
    I'd be cool with waiting that long as he's cool with the fact that I'd want to date for a minimum of 2 years BEFORE even getting engaged, then probably 2 MORE years before we got married.

PS- I am already married I just wanted to play too

• Yeeeeeees I would only have sex after marriage, but it's seems impossible to find a man who's willing to wait.

• It would be extremely weird to be in a relationship with someone that did not "want to have sex with" me. If they were struggling to not have sex with me for some religious reason, or other reason, that would be different. Unless someone is asexual, why would you date someone that did not "want to have sex with you"?

• Yes. Even tho I already failed at waiting to lose my virginity after marriage, I don't wanna have sex again until I'm married.

• Yeah I would

• Nope.

• are you going to not answer my messages

• If they are truly the right person for you, then yes I would wait.

• Honestly yea, if we can build our communication and emotional connection and make that's strong before sex I'm all for it. Most relationships are based on sex today and fail Anyway , so what do I have to loose?

• Yes, I would.

• Yep

Filler

• Yes, but that's because I'm one too.

• Of course but then again my religion doesent allow dating either..

• what religion is that?

• Britain

• Britain should be a Christian nation

What Guys Said 20

• Definitely no. I'm not gonna wait 3+ years to have sex, and I'm not gonna marry a woman who I don't know if we're compatible in bed, cause sex is very important in a relationship.

• Yes. I'm waiting until I get married, so it wouldn't be a problem.

• I don't know, I'm a virgin but I don't plan on saving it until marriage really. I just haven't really bothered to lose it, and commitment/ intimacy kinda freaks me out. But if I found a girl that I really liked and started dating, then I don't think I'd mind losing it. But I just don't want to lose it to someone random, I'm too afraid of multiple things that can go wrong with that.

But if I did find someone I liked, and started dating, and they told me they didn't want to have sex, I don't know how I would respond. If I wasn't a virgin, I'd probably be pretty annoyed unless it's religious reasons. And if they already had sex, but wanted to be one of those born again virgins, I'd be really annoyed and probably wouldn't date them.

• Date, yes but no long term relationship.

• tNo, I would not. If I were younger, maybe (but probably not). Now, definitely not. I want to know we are going to be sexually compatible before committing to someone for he rest of my life.

• Well, this person would want exactly what I want, so I would date her for sure. I believe in waiting until you form a special bond with someone (getting married) before having sex. I want to save myself for the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. It's just what I believe in.

• Unsure, I wanna say no so badly but at the same time yes. I've only come across like two girls ever that would make me wanna wait just so I can lock them down for life with a ring. Even then I'd still expect a hj or bj at some point

• maybe, but they better not get pissed when i jack off every night till then

• Yes I would.

• My fiancĂ©e and I are waiting for marriage. It will be three years by that time.

• I have. It's not my preference though. I think sex before marriage is important.

• Probably not, i will probably become sexually frustrated waiting 3 years or so.

• I would.

• I really would have no problem with that. It might be kind of charming.

• Nope, no way in hell. Far to big a part of a relationship to leave unknown.

• yes. i mean, i anticipate settling down soon so it won't be too long anyway.

• no, i'd think they're weird.

• Its funny how most of the young girls say yes. But have no clue what that would be like to be married to! You are taking a massive risk of never being sexually satisfied. Which you won't be happy. I have met quite a few woman that were not happy.

• There was a time i would, but I don't want to get married anymore. I would rather just be in a long term relationship with the same girl forever, and not even live together. After my ex, I have learned to enjoy my freedom too much.

• No. If she said she didn't want sex at all it'd be okay, but I don't want someone who wants to get married, it probably means she's religious