Should you go on a date if your feelings aren't as strong as they once were?

I got talking to a guy nearly a year ago, nothing happened when we first got talking as I had just come out of a relationship and wasn't looking for anyone to be with, but we have always talked ever since and we get on super well and have a lot in common. I've always liked him. The past month he has said we should go on dates, I've been holding back as i've had a lot of things going on in my personal life as well as my anxiety being bad recently but he offered to go see Deadpool next week and has already paid for the tickets. I've been thinking about it a lot and I'm on the fence whether to go or not, I'm not sure if I really want a relationship or not right now and my feelings for him have kind of fizzled out a bit. I don't want to lead him on since I know he does feel strongly for me but at the same time I feel if I don't try I'll never know... I feel I could be overthinking it all but going on a date is a rare thing for me. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but try to be clear with him.

What Guys Said 5

• I say you go anyways. Something he says or does or maybe just the intimacy might spark something again.

• Hahaha you sound exactly how my current dating partner felt on one of our first dates to the cinema. In my case we went to the cinema, didn't kiss and felt separated the entire time, just a bad date overall. If I had to redo it I'd have preferred to find out the truth about her feelings before the date. You may want to be brutally honest with him, say that you have a lot going on and that you dont know if you like him yet. Going to the cinema will also allow both of you to make up your minds about eachother. In my case even though the date went horribly she's now sort of my girlfriend haha. Good luck ::) Could you help me with Valentine's day plans?

• DO NOT lead him on. end it.

• Dating is just feminist bullshit and not worth it... PAY FOR YOURSELF!!

• I never said I don't pay for anything on a date. He paid for the tickets as a surprise.

• Because he hopes to get laid that way...

That poor and sick puppy. He should dump your fucking ass

• Since you have no idea about yourself or how you feel about anything you should tell him that your just a mess and to stay away. Do not date until you figure that shit out.

• And since you don't know anything about me and my personal life other than a few brief sentences, you should probably refrain from calling me a mess. Thanks. :)

• It only took a few sentences to show us you are a mess. No more evidence needed.

What Girls Said 3

• i would, to see if the flame will ever be ignited again. if I'm just losing it then i don't c the point.

give him a chance and c how it goes. i mean he did go to the effort u know?

• Oh its fine. Go for it chica!

• Do not lead him on, it is really not that hard. If you do not feel like going do not go and tell him