I like her but does she like me?

Hello. I was wondering if I should ask out this one girl. We're both college students at the same university and we have a class together. I've known her for a couple of months now. (from two quarters ago) First off, we have some things in common. We both like to just relax and watch netflix and what not. I'm more of a social person with numerous friends to hang out with while she says she "says" she has "no friends" at our university but friends in her hometown and she eats alone. She also likes to sleep. (which I do as well) We also help each other in school and can talk to each other pretty easily. However she shows no signs of "liking" me. She laughs at my jokes and whatnot but no flirtation or the "stereotypical" signs of romantic interest. Also she's extremely attractive (like 9/10) while I'm guess I'm like a 6 or 7 out of 10 on a good day? I am shocked that such a beautiful girl is both single and has few friends, although she dated like an athlete or something in hs. I'm like 5 ft 7 and she's 5'2-5'4. I feel that she's out of my league even though I have more friends and more social "connections"
We however, only hang out when we study. We have multiple things in common and she's not very social with other people. She says all she does is relax. We're both pre medical students by the way. We also study alone and with no one else ( just the two of us) and we study calculus together. I complimented her around five times and she says "awhhh that's sweet" but doesn't compliment me back. She also laughs at 80 to 90 percent of my jokes. I've also played around with the idea that i could teach her how to ice skate even though she says she HATES it. But she didn't object to me when I told her i would teach her sometime this year. She just noded in agreement. I'm so confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok you're common instrets are as vague as "I breath air" "NO. WAY. Me too! I'm doing it right now!' If she hangs out with you already then you know she already has some interest in you wether it's for being your friend or being your girlfriend you're going to have to decide by yourself, watch her body language around you.

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that both of you have many things in common, which is a good sign.

Then she seems to laugh at your jokes 80 to 90% can be seen as positive sign, unless you are really good at doing jokes.
    If sometimes you do jokes that are not that funny, and still she laughs; this is certainly a sign that she is attracted.

Moreover, she might be single and have a few friends only because she does not have a personality that is compatible with a lot of people, or she is an introverted person. The latter seems the most likely to describe her case. It has nothing to do with being a 9/10.
    Also keep in mind that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which means that what's attractive for you may not be that attractive for others.

Anyways, all of this was written in order to tell you that there's nothing to loose to give it a try. If you are really attracted to her, no matter her attractiveness and others factors you MUST ask her out. You have nothing to loose, so go for it dude ! :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• "Awhhh that's sweet" is a red flag. She could just see you as a platonic friend.

If she liked you she would have reacted slightly differently, generally by being flustered or shy/embarrassed.

To me you're just friends and this is why she is reserving your interactions to casual/friendy/no-pressure studying.

This, and the fact that she (probably) doesn't touch you in a flirty way.

I could be wrong though.

• With women there can be no friendship. Hearts of hyenas are the hearts of women.