Girls, Where to go on a first date?

There's this girl at my Salsa class (as in salsa dance) who i'm hoping to ask out (I believe she is still single), she's doing a PhD at the local uni so she has def got a head on her shoulders, thing is i really want to impress her and my normal suggestion of 'drinks' just seems a bit or mediocre, so girls tell me first date ideas are drinks really fine or do you want some vareity?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Take her to a Margarita bar where they Salsa Dance!!

• There are no Margarita bars where we have our Salsa classes, in fact i don't even know what one of them is

• I did rock climbing for 2 years at uni, so i've got all the gear, problem is the local rock climbing wall is shit :(

• Haha i bet

What Girls Said 5

• Drinks are absolutely fine for a first date but if you want to make it more "date-ey" then ask her out for lunch or dinner :)

• I find dinner dates a bit too formal. I'm old fashioned when it comes to dating, but i've always found dinner a bit too formal so early on, once you get past 30 then yes i can see it, but while i'm still relatively young a find it odd. But lunch might be a nice idea

• Yeah lunch is a good option if dinner is too formal for you. I've had first dates that were dinner and ones that were lunch. One didn't seem any more formal to me but I feel you.

• Problem is i don't want to seem boring, i'm a late bloomer both socially and with girls, i wasn't really interested in dating girl till i was 18 (i had crushes yes but never wanted to do anything about it)

My late blooming of socialising skills comes from my social awkwardness and slightly social phobia inherited from my brother so although i'm really easy to talk to, i find most social situations a bit nerve racking

• Maybe somewhere educational. Like an art gallery or museum? And a nice comfortable restaurant (:

• Museum would certainly be different, i know there is a small museum in the city where she lives. Unfortunatly the big museums are ll in London which is about an hour and 30 minutes from where she lives (and by extension me)

• I don't mind travelling, as i explained in another comment, boats give me anxiety attacks. Going into the capital isn't really feasible for a first date, too much planning involved and it's quite expensive (Like £35 for a travel card to london)

• So you could travel by car somewhere nice like the ocean or somewhere outdoorsy! Like take her to a family farm and buy some local fruits grown. I love thats stuff. I would totally ask my other person to take me. (: It nice to be outdoors smelling fresh air. (:

• coffe or drinks is good enough for a first date

• Out to eat and other places.

• dinner and a movie