Guys, how to show you I want you to approach me?

I'm having a really hard time meeting guys, like exceptionally hard time. I have a good head on my shoulders, a good job, I'm not super attractive but I am working on it.

I try to put extra effort into my appearance before I go anywhere. Today I went grocery shopping with my mom, and I saw this really cute guy. He looked at me and I looked at him. I think he almost approached me, but my mom started talking to me and I saw him turn the other way :(

How can I signal a guy that I want him to approach me? I'm really shy and any time I try to approach a guy it seems he's either married or I found out he has a girlfriend and then I end up feeling foolish. I don't want a guy who's taken, I want to meet a guy for myself.

How do guys like getting approached? I try to always smile and be aware of my surroundings. If I see a guy I will flash a smile. But I've never been approached :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Eye contact. It's extremely rare for me to come by this, it's only happened to me twice. But a sure fire way for me to go approach a girl is to give me prolonged eye contact and smile. She can look away for a moment and look once more and if I catch ourselves looking at each other one more time, I'm going up to her. Another good one if you're walking my direction is to give me eye contact, smile, and wave. If I look back and she does too, I'm going for it. But those were two incidents where I said okay I'm doing this. But I only approach girls if this happens, or if we happen to have a conversation over circumstance.

What Guys Said 12

• have you tried acting slutty? im jk but that would probably work.

guys really only approach girls they find extremely attractive no offense but 99% of those guys are probably reaching out of their league so they probable have no issue settling with you they just won't approach you initially. it seems like you realize this.

I don't know if your online dating but i would recommend you just go on facebook and add a few guys that you see on "you might know" see if they initiate to convo with you.

in real life you doing all the right things it just hasn't happened yet. i dont recommend you get any more aggressive. also theirs nothing embarrassing about approaching a married guy etc its just flattering.

once i asked out a hairdresser and she was married but she thought it was adorable and the flirting was good, she admitted she was into me and that i probably would be a better guy than her husband but it was in a joking manner and she doesn't seem like the type to cheat.

if you want get more aggressive and just bump into guys and start talking, but seriously try the facebook thing

• So you just add people on fb and start a conversation with them?

• How offen does that work LOL!!

• @Fluttershy22 like every time. it obviously doesn't always go somewhere, but I've never had a girl get upset with me and they almost always respond. i dont remember any in particular that didn't.

• It's hard to describe how to flirt, but that's what you need to learn to do. Go somewhere like a bar that's not too dark and watch men and women flirt. See what works. It's all about how you glance at peopke hold thier gaze smile pisition your body etc.

• ask him a question about something. to stir up a conversation

• Smiling is a start but you'll need to do more, like to start a conversation somehow, ask him about something he or you are buying, like what would you recommend

• Don't try to flirt while you're with your mom, pro tip ;)

• Well if you smile at me I'm not going to take that as interest. Just being nice. For me I don't like approaching random women...

• I was going to say something, but guys don't approach random women ever? How else do you meet people? I'm online and I am trying to meet people on there. But I would also like to meet some people in real life too. All my friends are taken so I have no way of meeting people through them. Pretty much everyone my age in my area is married. If they aren't they are hidden :(

• I approached a random woman today, we do trust me. Be open for a discussion.

• I usually meet them through classes or through friends

• Go to places where it is easier to approach people. Like some kind of group for people with common interests or something. I would not approach someone in the grocery store.

• It's best to approach in a 1 on 1 setting, so there's no public embarrassment or social pressure. Beyond that, it's as simple as asking if he'd want to go on a date or asking for his phone number.

• most guys sure don't want to approach in front of parents.

make eye contact, smile. say something.

• Unfortunately my mom wasn't taking the hint when I walked away from he rand closer to this guy. She came over with the cart and started asking me all these questions :( I was really trying to approach him. But I get so nervous!

• i know right? parents are clueless sometimes.

• Eye contact and a nice smile! Constant staring back like your checking me out. Will get me to come say hi!!

• Smile and give a little wave. I guarantee if he's interested, he'll walk right up to you.

• Just don't ignore them

What Girls Said 1

• I've been interested to know the answer to this too