Is the gym a bad place to ask for a girls phone number?

I like this girl at the gym and I wanted to see if maybe she'd give me her number so we can maybe hang out or get some food. Friends tell me the gym is the wrong place to do it. But I don't see her anywhere else so the only place to ask is the gym... Am I wasting my time or should I just ask?

• The gym is a bad place to ask for her number
  • It's not a bad place just wait until she's not working out

Most Helpful Guy

• Some won't like it others will. You just need to be willing to embrace any opportunity that comes along, and hope she is one of the people that will appreciate your approach. You can't worry about pleasing everyone. That is one reason why players and assholes often do better than nice guys. Those guys aren't overthinking things, and instead put themselves out there more often, increasing their odds of meeting a woman. The nice guy sits quietly in the corner worrying about offending a woman by asking her out at the wrong place or time and end up alone for a lot longer.

What Girls Said 5

• If you are going to use the gym to scrap around my advice would be to start taking classes that have both men and women in it. The classes I take are always the same people though some miss a week here and there. This way you get a better idea if they are single and gain a rapport with them.

If I'm hitting the weights or something I really, really don't want to be bothered and don't like lurkers. If I'm stretching I welcome it even less. Most women are this way. There are women who do go to the gym looking to hook up though and they are very obvious and easy to spot. 😒

They seem to like the eliptical and can often be found making men in their vicinity uncomfortable. To me this behavior is pathetic when executed by either a man or a woman. Classes are the best route people are friendly and you see them regularly.

I just would never hook up with anyone from class because I'm actually there for the class and I'm picky about instructors so I don't want to have to worry about switching classes when we break up. But I talk to guys and girls I just make it clear I'm not flirting.

• there's this girl at my gym who seriously looks like she's just there to hook up or get attention, ya know, super tight sports bra and yoga pants, looks like she has makeup on, i mean she is just glistening! but when I see her on the elliptical, man she is fucking killin it! XD

• That's just how Lululemon makes sports bras these days.

• I'd be fine being approached at the gym. If I were single there's a couple guys there I'd ask out lol

• Just wait until she isn't busy.

• Just do it ! It's not like you guys will go on a date in the gym lol

• It works for some. I don't go to the gym to get hit on, I go to work out. I listen to my music and focus on my routine. But there are others that go that might want to meet like-minded, fit people. You can always try, like when she isn't busy.

What Guys Said 5

• I would try and catch her after the workout... maybe on the way out of the gym. I know some people get in a zone and they don't like it when people bother then at the gym.

They are there for a purpose and getting hit on is usually not in the cards.

• Many people want to be left alone at the gym, as opposed to be pestered by thirsty weirdos hunting for phone numbers.

You'd do better to try and talk to her outside the gym (as you are arriving or leaving).

• Dont ask for her number just become friendly with her. after a couple months of being friendly then you can

this is just cuz you're gunna see her frequently and girls dont wanna get hit on when theyre sweaty and trying to get a workout in

• I'd chat with her a little first if you can. If you can't, might as well go for it but don't get your hopes up.

• Who cares what other people think, just chat her up and ask her.