Is it time to move on?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. He's my best friend and our families have accepted both of us as part of the family. He called up tonight and broke down crying saying he felt like the passion between us has disappeared. We went on long drive yesterday and we didn't talk much on the drive home, I assumed he was tired. He told me he just didn't want to talk to me, and it made him feel horrible. He works about 70 hours a week and I'm in college so we only see each other on weekends, and he said lately he just hasn't been very excited about me coming over on the weekends. He said he hears about other people talking about how happy they are in their relationships and how the sex is amazing and they are just always happy, and he doesn't feel like we are like that. Our sex isn't great. He's rather large and I've struggled with arousal issues and pain which I've been trying to find an answer to through my doctor but its a long process, so I understand him there. I somewhat understand how he feels, but I guess from what I read I thought that was a normal process once you're done with the honey moon phase. But I've never felt like I don't want to talk to him or see him. I always love seeing and talking to him so it hurt to hear that he felt that way about me. He said he doesn't want to lose me and wants to make things better but he's been trying to come up with ideas on what to do and he doesn't know what to do. I honestly don't know what to do either as I've never been in this situation either. I feel torn because I understand what he is feeling and I understand if this is a normal relationship process but at the same time I want to be with someone who loves seeing and talking to me.

Any advice from people who have been in long term relationships, marriage, etc. would be very appreciated.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0