Chocolates for Valentine's Day: Is it an overkill buying 6kg of Valhrona white chocolate for my date?

She mentioned she loves white chocolate few weeks ago. So I decided to grab her the top of the line white chocolate.

I just can't find a smaller bag that will guarantee delivery before V-day (I call it d-day for my wallet). That 6kg bag is worth 110 dollars. The distributor in the area don't carry smaller bags... well yes they do with cheap packaging (sealed in a transparent plastic bag).

I'm also going to drop it at her doorstep along with a teddy and pink roses. The bag is so big it would look awkward to give it to her in person (I think it was packaged for baking)

• Overkill - you messed up
  • Just about right
I found out it was only 3kg only... but it's still a lot :(
I basically put it into a small jar instead. I probably ate 1kg by myself already. It's so flipping good. Never had such good white chocolate before. Valrhona Opalys.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely overdoing it, even if it's a sweet gesture you're only dating her right now. Buy her one of the cheaper and smaller ones and maybe put it in a jar or a cellophane bag with some nice ribbon around it.

Besides, she'll probably never be able to finish it if you buy her that much haha!

• Jar + Ribbon. Yes thanks :)

• Haha you're welcome! There's usually also a lot of heartshaped cartons in like hobbystores if you'd prefer something like that :)

• Oops, I replied before reading your opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• I think it's obnoxious. But in a cute kind of way. I would appreciate the gesture but like... you should kind of go for the humor side of this one lol

• I'd tell her str8 up I messed up...

She kinda knows I switch off my brain when I'm not working. :(

• It's definitely overkill, but I'm sure she'll appreciate the fact that you wanted to get her the best.

• Why not buy the choco, have it delivered to you, make her a nice smaller package from it and keep the rest for other occasions?

6kg is way too much chocolate and she might think you usually overdo things as a general behaviour. It's also better to deliver in person.

• Or you can buy the smaller one with cheaper packaging and replace it for a better one before gifting it to her.

• Still appreciate your comment. Ha I hate packaging myself thats why I bought the bigger one (that comes with proper packaging)... damn :(

• it might be overkill but I wouldn't say you messed up haha you might've just gone over the top a little bit. I think that can be forgiven :p

• I hope she likes baking if you bought her 6kg of baking chocolate. TBH - if I were you I'd somehow intercept that delivery and turn that shit into fondue or something. I'm being totally serious. It might be just me, but I don't find straight baking chocolate to be very palatable. You should do something with that chocolate - make truffles or even yeah, just fondue.

• Haha I took the bag. I put it in a jar for her. And leaving the rest for myself. It's so yummy...

• I love white chocolate too, so that sounds like the perfect gift to me! :)

• thats crazy! That must be the best chcolate ever.

• I couldnt resist and opened it. I ate 1kg prolly.

Best. Freaking. White Choco I ever had. Definitely worth the price. Valhrona Opalys

• welll! Wow! I never heard of such a chocolate!

• Wow. No. Cool it. That's way too much.

• You can NEVER have too much chocolate.

• You can if it's American chocolate :)

• You've never had British chocolate? I've had Canadian chocolate. It's weird. Bitter. I imagine American chocolate is much the same

• @Levin bitter? No it's verrry sweet.

• if someone brought me that much chocolate ill consider marriage

• Wait, it's WHITE chocolate? If I was your girlfriend, I'd kiss you, then hit you because you ate 1kg.

• If you've been together for 6 months or more then it's okay :) if not maybe leave the chocolate of the present haha

• The gesture is really sweet. You can maybe make a joke about it, if she says something.

What Guys Said 10

• U dun goofed. Get her flowers n fuck

• His liver and gall bladder will suffer.

• That's a fatal dose. I hope she has more self control than I do...

• Chocolate for Valentine's day is so cliche. You're 32, why don't you take her for a romantic weekend away somewhere?

• Because it coincides with her New Year and she wants to spend time with her parents. She's ultra conservative and won't go anywhere that requires an overnight stay until later. UGH.

• Oh, I see. It's probably best to go with the good 'ole chocolates and flowers then :)

• Nothing a couple jokes about it won't solve.

• That's some damn chocolate racism right there, HA :p :p

• I take it you are into BBW?

• Dude... 6kg is 5kg too much and even 1kg is a lot :D

• Unless you two are already serious and she's planning wild sexcapades for valentines with you as we speak, it's too much.

• That's a lot of chocolate. And very expensive chocolate. She should be very happy with it but it is a lot. It's a lot of money for someone you call "date" not girlfriend, and she might think it's a bit over the top and also if you will still be together the next years she might be expecting something big every time. But if you really like her and think it's a good idea then go for it