Guts would you freak out if your girlfriend got her period and a tiny bit of blood got on the bed?

My boyfriend freaked out because I didn't know I was going to get my period and got a bit tiny bit of blood on the bed even tho as soon as I noticed I got up and started looking for something to clean it up with and I put it into the wash right away I can understand maybe being upset but freaking out and getting mad this much? Its not like I knew am I wrong? Or is he overreacting?

Meant to say guys not guts
Also we hadn't had sex when this happened I just had it when I woke up this morning and he was having a shower so I started cleaning it when he got back in I told him

Most Helpful Guy

• He is overreacting big time. I've had sex with my wife on her period and after being done I didn't know if I should wash the sheet or put police tape around the bed as it looked like a crime scene. Plus you cleaned it and washed it yourself. He shouldn't be too upset.

• See I thought so its not like I said meh to bad and left it I saw it and got the sheets ready to clean and everything and told him right away

Most Helpful Girl

• He's overreacting. It's a little blood. If your boyfriend (this goes to all ladies) is afraid of a little blood and periods, they're ridiculous. It's NATURAL. It's not like we can't carry out this function or stop it from happening. If he's going to act like that when it's a natural, human function, imagine how he'll act over other things. Guys, please don't be a dick to your girl when she gets her period. If anything, be there for her and understand. Nothing hotter than a guy who understands and is aware that this is NORMAL. Get yourself a man, not a little boy. I'm sorry he got mad at you hun, you did nothing wrong. He's just being an ass.

What Guys Said 20

• There's no way a guy should freak out about something like that. It's natural and harmless and he shouldn't make an issue out of it.

• I assume your boyfriend freaked out if something was wrong with you, cause you were bleeding, even when you were not on your periods,
    I would be a bit scared and worried about my girl if she bleeds and we are uninformed that she will be on period..
    But I will keep it my responsibility to keep track of cycle of 28 days, but then again your periods do not have fixed time so it's unpredictable...

• That's smart of you and exactly I wasn't suppose to get it for a week so I didn't know

• Would you believe me! If I say that I met a 25yrs old guy who finished his college degree and still had no idea that women had periods and they suffer from abdominal pain accompanied by Vaginal bleeding in those days, and it changes there mood.

• Wow I do believe it tho sadly some parents don't teach their kids anything at all that's bad how could he not know by now?

• Yeah, he's overreacting. If a girl bled on my bed and cleaned it afterwards, I wouldn't be mad. I would be mad if she didn't clean it though. You did put the sheets on the wash and tried to clean it. He shouldn't be mad.

• Excatly I saw it when I woke up quickly got them off the bed and got things ready for the wash I even paid for the wash its not like I said well sucks for you and had him deal with it I got the stain out of the bed and the sheets in a matter of minutes

• Alright, so problem solved. :)

• Yeah :) it is at least

• Hell no! My girlfriend has very bad flow and often bleeds all over the bed. You know what I do? I sleep right next to her with my arms around her. It's just blood and it makes her feel better knowing I'm there. If there's blood on me I just take a shower and help her clean up. That's what a real boyfriend does in my opinion.

• No, I'd tell her not to worry, change the sheets (and soak the affected part to lift the stain) and give her a big kiss.

• Been there, lived that.
    No sweat.

• I will for sure although I usually does not act like civilized person my things are always scattered and usually I am trying to find them and focus but still the blood will freak me out I mean how the hell you don't know lets suppose he is licking your pussy that day and that blood gets in to his mouth.

• Yeah and that's a good point that would suck if he was licking my pussy and it happened but how was I suppose to know? These things happen by themselves I thought I was getting my period next week and it came out of know where

• No,29 days always if you are not sick.

• Hmm not always the case tho mine has been known to scare me sometimes cause its been late before I use I tracker for it the problem is periods can be irregular a lot but for most people yes 29 days unless sick that doesn't seem to be the way it is for me tho

• Wow so immature. I would have asked for sex because it feels great during periods and relieves cramps and then clean it up myself.

• so i dont want to give the entire story but one of my exs left me quite bloody one time. yeah its kinda gross, not because its your vaginal wall bleeding its cuz its blood. but yeah ur boyfriend is immature and over reacted.

• That would be gross and well I cleaned it up it wasn't even that much it was a tiny blooch that was easy to clean

• Not freak out but she could have told me... There are towels for that. I mean if he has an expensive mattress, I can understand it.

• No, I mean ever woke up with a nose bleed or I've had dogs do it. My little sisters friend got some on my back seat when I have her a ride. It happens

• This is what I was thinking like why get mad over it? I had no clue it was gonna happen I only ever had this thing happen to me before like two or three times in my life not bad considering I'm in my 20s if I know my period was gonna happen like that I would have done something about iy

• It happened to me before. This guy, nor my gut, freaked out.

• I'd be annoyed if anything.

• Now I can understand being annoyed evena bit upset that is reasonable but to just get mad and freak why get mad over that? Its not like I can control it

• Pretty big overreaction tbh. It's something natural, no biggie.
    You're actually the person who's going through a rough time at the moment of your period so it should somewhat be the other way around :P

• Your right I wish he would come to this realization lol I'm gonna show him some of these comments maybe he can learn a few things and thank you that made me feel a bit better :)

• I'm glad to hear that (:

• I feel like only highly immature boys would do that.

• He's immature...
    He's not a real man until he gets his "red wings"
    Best time to have sex with a woman is when she's on the rag

• Well we weren't even having sex when it happened I just woke up to it being there and ran to clean it up but that's a good point

• kind of reminds me of these immature nitwits that think public breastfeeding is gross. Your boob should not be in plain view but its the most natural thing between a woman and her child. Some men just refuse to accept the natural things about Women... They really need to get over it!

• nah it can happen...

• It's just blood, he needs to relax

• haha no, your boyfriend is a wuss.

• Hell yeah I would. I'd punch her in her throat so she couldn't breath.

What Girls Said 11

• Jesus that's overreacting big time. You did everything you could, he's being ass for making you feel bad about something that's out of your hands.

You should talk to him about it and explain that sometimes periods can get irregular and you don't always have pains as a warning in beforehand. If he still wants to be in a relationship with you or any woman he should get used to the idea of this happening again because you can't control stuff like that.

• Yeah I explained it to him good idea thanks he ended up saying sorry and told me why he got mad

• How exactly were you supposed to know at that second your period was coming? It comes when it wants to come and at least you took the time out to clean it and everything. You didn't just leave it there. He's completely over reacting and in my opinion that's a total dick move

• This is what I thought as well like come on I can't help it I had no way of knowing

• That's very immature of him and I'd definetly call him out on it. There was literally no reason for him to get mad at you. That's like you getting mad at him for popping a boner.. He can control that just as much as you can control your period. He needs to get over himself.

• Exactly your right it really is just like that well he better soon

• What do you mean by freak out? If he was intentionally making you feel bad about it that's really not cool - it wasn't your fault and he's gonna have to get used to the fact that these things happen. It happens to every woman at one point or another. It likely won't be the last time it happens to you.

• I mean freaked out like we ended up yelling at each other because he got mad about it and also freaked out a bit cuz he saw the blood and didn't know whay to think and it won't be the last time thats for sure mine jumps around a lot so I never know when it will be for sure but your right he shouldn't be trying to make me feel bad

• Of course he's overreacting.. How very immature of him.. I would seriously be reviewing my options.

• I am sure they would. When that happens I pissed as hell! Damn you apple. Ugh I have to remove the sheet put another one and buy her bigger pads for night time. the things I do for her.

• I believe that is an overreaction on his part. He's actually behaving like a child. Do used condoms gross him out too?

• Probably would gross him out and yeah it was overreacting it's not like I can help it

• Honestly, you're a saint for putting up with him. I don't have the patience for that kind of immaturity.

• Haha trust me its not always easy there's a lot of times I have snapped at things like this I just find a way to stay calm for the most part cuz at the end of the I day still love him its just hard to get used to living with someone when I've only ever lived on my own or at parents place growing up but it's worth it my patience is good but not at all perfect I just try to learn to be calm and remember that he still cares just has things we both need to work on

• I think so. I once got my period during sex. Early on in our relationship too. I didn't notice till I went to the bathroom afterwards. When I came back I was like we need to talk, he was like "I already know. Sheets are changed so I'm gonna go shower, wanna come with me?" Things happen. Men need to understand that women have no control over our bodies in that situation

• Your right we really dont have any control over it at all and awe well at least he was being understanding for you thats always good :)

• He sounds like a fucking psychopath

• that's disgusting, i can understand him

• I'm not saying its not gross I agree I don't like my own period except that it tells me Im not pregnant lol but still I got up and cleaned it all he didn't even have a chance to say anything about cleaning it yet I don't see the need to make me feel bad over it when I have no control over it and I was already embarrassed enough without him adding to it he could have said hey look make sure you take care of it and try not to have it happen again or something instead I don't know

• He got it for free and he's buying another as soon as he can it wasn't that as much as it was that he was just worried about it being cleaned so we could still use it this was first thing in the morning when it happened and so we were both still just waking it

• Up* but I can see your point if it wernt a bad bed that he wants to get rid of and if he had paid for it then that would make anyone upset

• He's immature.

• Screw him. You can't control your period.