How to get asked out on dates more?

I've been single for a year now, since then I've only been on a few dates and dated someone for a month but didn't work out. I do make the effort to go out with friends most weekends but I don't seem to get much attention from guys. I would love to be going out on more dates without using apps like tinder. What should I do to get more attention and go on more dates?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a firm believer in just being yourself - You want to meet the right guy who likes you for who you are - You are very pretty so looks aren't a problem - When you are out and about, how confident are you, you could seem shy - While staying away from dating apps there is an online route, you could go on forums like this and maybe through your activity on the forums meet someone you connect with - You could enjoy yourself but get a bonus of meeting someone - At 20, I inclined to say be patient you never know what is around next corner.

Most Helpful Girl

• By asking people out yourself. It's amazing what will happen when you take initiative to get what you want instead of futilely hoping that guys will just approach you cold. Things aren't like the old days, now there is the whole #creepstigma and a greater fear of rejection that guys have (as they have had the unfair pressure to always approach) that fewer and fewer guys are willing to take the risk unless they are positive that you two have chemistry. So, if you want something, put on your big girl panties and go and get it yourself. Plain and simple. Otherwise, ya can't complain.

• Thank you so much, this has helped alot! Being rejected is scary tho and I can be a bit shy when talking to guys at first. I think making the first move would be good for my confidence.

• I understand girl, it's hard, but trust me when I say the fellas feel the same. Sometimes it's as easy as a simple hello and asking for a number to keep in touch and things can flower from there.

What Guys Said 15

• If you aren't getting asked out, then ask guys out yourself. Best way to maximise the number of dates!

• ill take you out.

lol seriously though consider dating through facebook. add a bunch of guy you thiink are cute through "people you might know" it links you through common connections so you can always ask someone about them too. i really only mack on girls through facebook now cuz I don't know it just works better. i talk to far less girls but it frequently ends in at least one date. just had one this past weekend and were going out again today.

in person just smile at guys. seriously thats all you have to do. if your introverted try to become more extraverted and if your insecure work on your confidence

• well, it can go both ways. Try asking some guys out if they aren't taking your bait.

• Maybe try wearing one of these shirts...
    i3. cpcache. com/.../... arge_tag_womens_tank_top. jpg

• You an always ask yourself.

I don't get why girls don't get this.

• Meet more male acquaintances.

• I like the idea of shirt of sign lol Something like... it it says available with a check mark box that you can check or remove the check from it!

• a whole year?

• If you feel like you aren't being asked enough its time to ask guys out yourself.
    Of course, if i lived in the UK things would be a little different for you :p :p

• The best way is to ask guys out yourself. Uh oh but that's impossible isn't it?

• Do you want more dates, or just someone to date?

• Thats the way to do it now days! Go on date sites!

• Look better !

• What's the legal drinking age in the UK?

• Yeah alright then, I'll try that this weekend! I don't know a lot about sports but could show an interest and make conversation

• Yeah that was just an example (sports I'm sure there are a lot of Soccer fans there) But what I really meant is that most guys I know would be pleasantly surprised to have a woman actually talk to them first. It is so rare. If he likes you he will definitely ask you out.

• Fuck dating and FUCK relationships!!

I hope no guy gets trapped by you...

What Girls Said 0