Am I a fool to fall for my best friend?

I met an amazing woman and we became instant best friends. I never met a woman who thinks like me and likes so much of what I like too. We hang out 5x a week and always laugh and have fun. I know she is talking to other guys and that doesn't bother me since we are friends. She takes me advice as she comes to me needing it as I am the only one who seems to really understand her and her frustrations and joys. I am very much in love with her, she knows I have feelings for her but I also respect her and won't force myself on her. We both want it to just blossom if it's meant to be. But am I a fool for waiting or giving her advice about guys? Right now I'm her only close and trusted friend. I value her friendship and would rather have that close bond than not have her in my life at all. She does have feelings for me but I don't know if she is really ready to settle down with someone like she says. If I am so great and she tells me how she loves me and wants to meet a great guy like me, why not me?

What Girls Said 1

• She is just not into you. You can't do anything to make her fall for you. She is not interested, you should stop wasting your time.

What Guys Said 2

• It's understandable that you are developing feelings for this woman since you two became close; however, she values your friendship just as much as you and prefers the way things are until she is ready to cross that line with you. If things don't work between the two of you, she just lost her only confidant.

• Makes perfect sense. Even if things don't work out with us I want her to be happy and with a good guy who will treat her right.

• Lol bro... I'm not sure that will sit right with you though. Imagine a woman you're in love with dating assholes after assholes and you're there to pick up all the pieces, catching, and comforting her whenever she runs back to you. Trust me seeing her in pain will wound you just as much.

You need to find a distraction so you don't think about your feelings towards her so much, but even when you become distracted or when your feelings starts to subside, she might be the one to start falling for you. Unfortunately, you might not have the same feelings towards her like you once had. Sucks right? It does happen... hell there's a lot of movies about best friends falling in love.

• Well if she has some feelings for you too then all is not lost yet. See where it goes.