How do you ask the guy you're dating to trim his beard by a lot?

I'm dating a guy currently and he has a really long beard that I'm not a big fan of. I don't know how to bring up the fact that I like facial hair just not that much,

Most Helpful Guy

• then just tell him. It's a beard, he probably isn't a lumber jack or on SEAL Team 6 so he is wearing it for fashion. I had a buddy grow his out... his wife hated it. So when "no shave November" came around she took it to heart also. Needless to say he quickly trimmed his beard and his wife shaved again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask him to shave it all off for you so you can see what he looks like without it. Maybe for Valentine's day or your birthday he would do it. Then always say how sexy he looks without all that. He will probably let it grow back so it will be short lived. But he might love the compliments and he might love you enough to keep shaving it
    However, he may not love you enough to even do this. He might but his facial hair before you. So get ready for that if he says no

What Guys Said 11

• My wife and I have a special mutual exchange. She doesn't like to kiss my beard, I don't like to kiss her beard down there. So she shaves her beard, I shave my beard, both happy.

• The same way you would want him to tell you how he likes a different kind of haircut.

• did he have it before you two started dating?

• yeah he did but it bothers me when we kiss and stuff

• Just mention you prefer you dont like it. But dont expect him to shave it either.

• Tell him "sweetheart I like it when your beard is more trimmed"

• Doesn't really make much sense since you were attracted to him having a beard, but if it bothers you then you should tell him honestly.

• Be upfront and clear. We men do not take hints well.

• You simply ask him... Noodle

• haha he is such a pussy if he does it... .

• Just tell him you were a huge fan of the length it was when you first started dating.

• N-n-no! You can't ask a beardman to get rid of his beard or trim it o. O

That is EVIL! EVIL I TELL YOU!

I mean, just ask. But you should keep in mind that to him it might be akin to him asking you to go bald.
    Although, not quite as bad.

What Girls Said 9

• its tough if it was like that when you began dating, bc he was outright about how likes his beard.. he had every reason to assume you were ok with it. I don't know if there's much you can do bc he probably like wearing it that way, and it is his face. its like if you liked wearing your hair long, and he liked some hair but not much. but you had your hair long when you met. if it was me i wouldn't want to be with someone who wanted em to change something i thought they liked. bc it was part of me when we met.

i think, you have to figure how person is when you meet is how they are going to be for worm time until they'd acid otherwise.

id just decide i can accept this, or i can't. i wouldn't try to gently imply I wanted him to change bc not matter how much finesse you manage , its the same message.

its not like losing weight or eating right. his hair isn't a health concern unless he doesn't keep it clean,.

I'm sure others will have a different view, in case this wasn't helpful:)

• Aka him if he's thought about trimming it and that you think it'd look nice. End of the day it's his decision but if he knows you think it'd look good shorter and he's not like completely committed to the grizz he'll probably trim it without you having to specifically ask him to.

• Nope move on!

• Not even dating and already trying to change him smh

• You don't, because it's HIS face.

• Just say "I want to see what you look like with a smaller beard why don't you trim a bit?"

I personally would just ask my boyfriend to trim it or not haha but then he does what he prefers.

• Tell him you really miss seeing his skin haha

• But beards are sexy. :P

• Just tell him how sexy he'd be with a shorter beard and keep going on about how much you'd love it and how sexy he'd look.