Is it a bad idea to date my female friend's best guy friend?

I'm a girl, and I'm friends with another girl named Bella. Bella is best friends with a guy named John. Bella has told me before that John has a crush on me, but I haven't gotten to know him until recently, and now that I have, I've discovered that I really like him and am interested in being more than friends.

I'm a little hesitant to date him though because I'm afraid Bella won't like it. She's told me in the past that one of her other friends dated John and she felt like the third wheel. In this case, do you think it's a bad idea to date him or do you think I should go for it and just hope Bella accepts it?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I'd talk to her about it first. I dated my best friend's best guy friend but not without talking about it with her first. He liked me and she knew and once I found out and realized I liked him, I sat down with her and talked to her about if first. She's your best friend and she'll be honest with you about it. Don't beat around the bush, either. Ask her what her feeling are about the whole situation.