How do you get people to stop judging who you like?

I've this really close guy friend and we been kinda liking each other for years now but when people say that I'm "too pretty for him" "how'd you get her" it makes him not want to be with me because it kills his self-esteem and wants me to be with someone "better" he is not the typical guy I find "attractive" but he's still cute to me and obviously these fuckboys have done me no good so #helppls

It's not that I care its that he cares

Most Helpful Guy

• You put down the person who says that shit. Full stop. Right then and there point out how he's better than the big mouth or the big mouth's boyfriend. Done deal.

• I mean I do but he still hears it and agrees with it

• If he's anything like I was when I was 20, I'd say just keep assuring him and giving him time to accept that he's desired. I mean, I don't know what his history is, but many boys did not grow up constantly reassured of their worth. You've likely had a head start in that regard. So try not to hold it against him too much.

Are there things that he excels at and prides himself on?

• Thanks didn't think of it that way

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel, as I felt like I was in a very similar situation for years. I turned down several guys or didn't pursue them because if I so much as mentioned being into them to a friend, they'd scoff at the idea.

Don't ask them or even bring up who you like. That's one thing I've learned even in being with my boyfriend for the past 2 years- the less you share with your friends about your romantic life, even if it's a relationship, the better.

What Guys Said 4

• People have the free will to judge as they wish. The key is to not violently react to these judgments.

Agreeing to disagree is very much a powerful art form. :)

• The only thing you both can do is to be mature enough to recognize that this is your lives and your choices, and to continue to stand by those choices.

• By not giving a fuck who judges 💁🏻

• Buy him a rolex

What Girls Said 2

• Fuck what people think. People are always going to JUDGE no matter what. Just do you.

• Tell people you're not so shallow as to only care about looks, and you like his personality so much that you find everything else about him to be perfect as well.