Girls, have you ever dated a guy 2+ inches shorter? And guys, what do you think about dating girls 2+ inches taller?

I'm currently dating someone about 2 inches shorter than me. I'm usually the one that says that a guy shorter than me is a deal breaker. I always went for guys 5'10+. I'm 5'7 so dating someone around 5'5 is something I have to get used to

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated someone that is 2 inch taller than me in more than one occasion and basically it's the other people that judges you. For instance, every time we go to a restaurant like Tony Romas or in a pub, some idiots will either whisper or blurt out "Wow he must be really rich for her to be with him", "She could do so much better than him" and so forth. I'm not saying that it happens every time we go out, but it happen quite enough and that relationship only lasted for about 3 months. Although we were both fine with it, everyone else wasn't.

• Well, then, that is everyone else's problem. Why would you let it bother you?

• @redeyemindtricks I didn't really, but eventually you do get fed up with it sometimes; random people and/or her friends and parents saying shit about the relationship. Having said that, it wasn't me that was bothered by it, it was the peer pressure from her friends and her parents that eventually led to our break up, and among other things of course. It is what it is and what happened in the past is the past. Whether or not someone is taller than me, doesn't really affect how I feel about someone and it should be something easy to look past if you really cared about someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband is about 2.5" shorter than me. I am an inveterate shoe whore, so, in public he's normally more like 8" shorter than me.

Doesn't matter even a tiny fraction of a shadow of a shit. Next to that boy, I feel like a little bitty little girl.

We've been together 16 years, married just under 15, and I can't remember anyone so much as casting a derogatory glance in our direction, much less actually daring to say anything aloud.

• This really helped a lot! Thanks. I wish you guys many many more years to come

• @multilevel I mean, I feel like I said this already, but... if they feel that way, that's their problem, not mine.
      Why would I give any fraction of a flying shred of a shit, about whether I make insecure people feel even MORE insecure?
      If anything, that's a good thing, because I could filter through those people faster, and not waste time having to deal with them.

Yr last question seems to have been answered here already, too. I really don't care if a man is shorter than me. It's a non-issue.
      I can't guess how I would feel about this if I were a more normal height.

• But height is BIG issue for is males , lol

What Guys Said 6

• Talk chicks are hot, Longer legs are like more things to play with lol I am 6'3 but won't really deny chick if she's like 6'5 or something if she's hot. Her long legs would only add in points lol

• In the sac that doesn't matter. Being 'on top' or 'below' dominant and submissive are easy traits to pull off in bed as height becomes an irrelevance (apart from the fact that taller women have longer vagina as well as wider if their body frame is in proportion).

Outside of the bedroom this is an issue. You two won't look good together and there's nothing you can do to change it.

• I would date anybody.

• The shape of her heart is what matters. Whats inside the book gives a clearer meaning than the cover itself.

• I would date a woman taller than me. I'd love to see the reactions that people might have. I'm 6'4"

• No problem of her height short or tall , but the question is if she agrees our height

• I'm becoming more and more comfortable with it and he can't feel any way about bc he's still interested

What Girls Said 4

• No I can't say I have.

• im 5'2 ... i don't think so lol

• I tried it twice and both time it was awkward, it least for me

• It has never happened to me. All of the guys who have shown interest in me were pretty tall. I don't know why.