Should I ignore him to make him want me more?

I have strong feelings for this guy, and he is very sweet. He always answers as soon as possible when he is not working, sends me a lot of 😍 or 😘 or ❤ and tells me I am so beautiful/perfect all the time. He always comforts me when I am nervous about my career and is very passionate. However, he is insecure and gets jealous very easy, especially when I mention how hot other guys are and my exes (he, on the other hand, has NEVER mentioned back how hot other women are and keeps on telling me they can't compare to be and I am still the most perfect and prettiest girl he has ever seen). I do feel suffocated with so much attention from him so quickly.

Should I ignore him for days to make him want me more?

He said he'll get upset and be messed up without me and thinks about me every day and how much he wants to talk to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be really redundant if you ignore him because he already loves you. What s the reason of your desire , he already wants you

What Guys Said 6

• It sounds like he's reeking with desperation and you're being a real dick. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

If you like him, sit his ass down, tell him to grow the fuck up and be a man. Go on a friend-date and see how that turns out.

• Maybe you should just honestly let him down that as much as you like him, he's being a bit suffocative? For the both of you, and the health of your relationship.
    I mean, if you guys are not even dating and he's already being that way, can you imagine after dating for a month?
    Be honest and open about how you feel, most of the time. Try not to play around the "do this to make him feel that" too much.

• I do the same thing with my girlfriend but she doesn't talk about past relationships much and I don't either but if you're going to ignore him or play hard to get do it in a playful and fun way

• How can I do that? I don't want to be too available because guys love the chase and lose interest if she was too accommodating. Last time I didn't respond and later, he texted "did I say something wrong?" and "why aren't you replying? " and soon "don't you want to talk to me anymore :(?"

I think that if I do this occasionally and unpredictably, he may continue to be interested in me? He keeps on saying how pretty I am and asks for affirmation all the time about his looks. He is in the military and joked he would shoot all the guys around me (I am a student pilot and 90 percent are guys around me).

• I'm sure you'll figure out a way to do it

• Generally spoken: Yes. We are hunters. We dont want our steak ready on the plate. But dont overdo it.. the hunter must have a change to catch you.

Do you have a dog or a cat? They lose interest if the target gets away. But if its barely visible, they get crazy.

• Do you think he would want me more if I sometimes ignore him but at unpredictable times and rates with no explanation?

• I dont know him. For me: There is a fine line. If its playfull its ok. If I feel you "play with me" I get angry and look elsewhere. Why? Predictability in behavior and talking (explanation) is important to me.

• I think that would only make it worse. It's best to use your words to convey such a message.

• If a girl always replies to you, would you think she is too predictable, boring, has nothing better to do and too accommodating?

• Yes if u want to kill his love to you 😃

• I don't want to be too available because guys love the chase and lose interest if she was too accommodating. Last time I didn't respond and later, he texted "did I say something wrong?" and "why aren't you replying? " and soon "don't you want to talk to me anymore :( ?"

I think that if I do this occasionally and unpredictably, he may continue to be interested in me?

What Girls Said 4

• I have talked to guys like this before and honestly, I found the best thing to do was to stop the relationship from progressing any further because I need space. I'm the kind of person that needs to be alone as much as I need to be with people, and if I feel smothered, I won't be able to handle it long term. Turns out it was a good plan because one if these guys I was Facebook friends with and he got into a relationship with a girl soon after whom he says the same thing a about that he used to say to me, except he posts all over Facebook about her which I would hate. In my opinion, too much affection and praise right a way is a sign of someone who isn't genuine. Obviously you know the situation better than I do, and all guys are different so you might be able to get away with politely asking him to back off a little, but he also might be the kind of guy I have had experience with. I had to explain to them that they hadn't done anything wrong, they had just done a little too much and come on too strong and it had sort of soured me on the situation.

• I'm sorry that happened to you. But didn't you see his posts about that girl earlier too or was he speaking to her in secret? And how would you know he is doing to it with other girls? So far, it seems that he places me high on a pedestal and he claims that I'm the only woman he talks to
      I said if he has a girlfriend now, we could still remain friends but if I do find out he has a girlfriend and become a stupid third party, I would cut all ties with him. I'm not a homewrecker. He said he swears he doesn't (he's in the army) and his Facebook says he is single. The only people that posts on his wall are all his family, nothing else. No photos with girls, etc and I wouldn't care if he did or if girls do post on his wall because he is allowed to have female friends.

• He met her a few weeks after I shut him down because he had started looking again. I didn't really care, it just validated my decision to end it before it started because I knew it wouldn't have been good for me.

• but he already likes you~ I can't believe you like this strange attention! hahah!

• It sounds like ignoring a guy like that will make matters worse.

• But if I am available and always give him too much attention, where is the thrill of the chase? He may start to get bored of me or will he appreciates my genuinity?

• You are so lucky. Don't ignore him, just tell him in person you want to text (everyone) less because your job or you just don't feel like it.

• If I ignore him, he will be more interested, right because I become less accommodating and available. Guys like the chase?