Is sexting with a guy who is not your boyfriend cheating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is. Would you like it if your boyfriend is telling a girl how much he want to go down on her, let her suck him off, and fuck her brains out?

-_-

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. The reason why sex is cheating is the same reason why sexting is cheating. Whether you think so or not, you're giving away a part of yourself that you've committed to share with this guy only. If you really want to change your commitment, talk about it openly with your boyfriend and see what you can work out. Just keep in mind that if the price of sexual freedom is your boyfriend's feelings, then its probably not the right thing for the relationship. Be as open and honest as you can with everyone involved.

What Guys Said 24

• It depends on one important fact

1. Do you have a boyfriend? are you in a committed relationship?

If the answer to the above is yes, and if you still sexting another guy then yes it is certainly cheating. The difference is you are not physically cheating on him, but still sexting another guy while in a relationship is a form of cheating.

• Is this something you would admit to your boyfriend that you do?
    If not, then I think you have your answer right there.

• It depends. Are you okay with your boyfriend sending nudes and saying cute things to some other chick? If the answer is yes, then an open relationship is something you need in your life 8-D

• It absolutely is.. One of my exes did this in the past when we were still together and I wasn't a happy camper.

• I bet you'd go off on him it you found a random pic of a fully clothed girl in his phone. Yes! Its cheating!

• Yes.

• It is cheating for sure.

• How would your boyfriend feel about this if he knew?
    If the answer is not great then perhaps this isn't behaviour you should engage in.

• It is if you already have a boyfriend.

• No, it's not. It's just not playing by the rules.

AKA it's cheating

• I'd say yes.

• Are You Kidding ME.
    Uhhh Yeah, Would you want you're special someone sending other salivating ladies pics of his Junk?
    Be a good person and just don't do it, not only that, but any pics you send to that other person now has the power to keep it forever and post it wherever.
    wow... So Much To Learn!!!

• Its not as bad as physical interaction but you really shouldn't be doing something like that. If you loved your boyfriend you wouldn't feel the need to sext other guys.

• i do love him so much , but i started sexting this guy before i date my boyfriend and it was so exciting that i couldn't stop it.

• If you have a boyfriend already, then definitely.

• but we both have our life and we're both people who like their freedom plus sexting is not having sex.

• Yep, you are cheating.

• Kissing isn't sex but if you found him making out with a girl I don't think you'd discriminate between the two.

• Yup... If you have to ask the answer is yes and you are 1. Disloyal and 2. Not mature enough for a relationship. So you should breakup with your boyfriend if you have a shred of decency

• Obviously

• no, it is just retarded, and disrespectful to your boyfriend

• Yes if you are dating someone but sext with someone else it's cheating

• it will lead too cheating always does

• Not in my mind but I wouldn't do it to my girlfriend

• yup cheating is the act of giving other people sexual interest all your sexual interest is reserved for your SO

• you shouldn't even be sexting at all, or having a boyfriend. you're under 18

• Iam facing the same question as I love sex chatting and I also love my girlfriend , I always tell my self that its ok to do so as long that I won't sleep with another girl in reality and I consider sex chatting to be like flirting , iam wondering should I tell her that I enjoy doing so with anonymous girls , what about u after asking this question wt did u conclude

• i'm confused , i mean i don't want him sexting other girls but i found it exciting but i love him so much i would never cheat on him in real.

• Ure talking as if iam the one talking to my self , can I inbox u

• Sound like you want to be able ti do it but he cant! Thats hipocritical. Why dont you just se, t your BF?

• What kind of question is this? You're a dumb ass.

• well you're only sexting not having sex.

What Girls Said 22

• In my opinion, yes. You're describing having sex with someone who is not your partner. Sexting is great. No problem with it on its own. But when your in a relationship, sexting with anyone outside of that relationship is cheating. Doesn't matter if nothing ever happens in real life.

• Yup kinda of. I wouldn't sext him ever. haha!

• If you have a boyfriend? Yes.

• If you have a boyfriend... yes it is cheating. It's very disloyal , disrespectful & deceitful.

• Umm... if you really have to ask this question, then I'm sure you already know the answer.

• Yes it is.

• Yes.

• Yes. If you need to ask, then you need to wait until you've grown up a bit more before getting into a relationship.

• Yes i think so. Sexting is inappropriate if you are doing it with someone besides the person you're with. I once caught my boyfriend texting his ex things like that and it was just the worst feeling ever knowing he did something like that behind my back. I dont think many people would like it if their boyfriend or girlfriend did that to them.

• I hate when people lie to you and delete things off their phones like photos or text messages. If you are deleting it or trying to hide something from your boyfriend/girlfriend you are already there.

• Yes it isss

• Yes.

• Yes.
    Grow up before sexting or being in a relationship, you're making us under 18 people look bad.

• Yes. Obviously. 😒

• Yeah that's cheating

• If you have a boyfriend, yes lol.

• Obviously it is.

• Yes, it's cheating 😐😕

• Let me put it this way: How would you feel if the tables were turned?

• yes if you're still in a relationship if you're not happy with the guy you're with break up as simple as that don't cheat thats just fucking bad

• Yep, that is cheating.

• yes? lolol