Too young to date?

Im a 19 year old guy who currently is on the brink of asking out a girl, but I dont want to rush it because I still want to complete school and get a stable job before marriage. Judging by the amount of time it will take for me to do all that (roughly 5 years) Im not sure if I should ask to date her because that means dating for a long time. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Based on life experience, I'd suggest that young people your age have a lighthearted, carefree, fun dates and refuse to let your heart tap into anything deeper unless someone very special comes along. Weightless dating is the best option when you are new to the adult world and setting the framework for your 20's and 30's. When I say weightless dating, I mean dating that is not heavy and full of demanding complexity. Never ask to date someone; just do it! Start off small by asking for their number then ask to go on a date then perhaps progress to seeing each other on a regular basis but save yourself the awkwardness and sense of expectation by putting labels on something that may not be right for you long term.

What Girls Said 1

• Slow down:) it's just a date. Don't put the cart before the horse. You aren't settling down tomorrow just going on a date to get to know a girl. But if you feel like you should do it go for it. You never know what experiences you miss out if you don't take leaps of faith

What Guys Said 2

• You know she may not wait, right?

• Go for it because it's very unlikely that the first girl you date will be the girl you marry