Guys, am I giving mixed signals?

Disclaimer: I never went out with anybody/never been in a relationship in my life. Let's say you went on two dates with a girl. You both hit it off, have a lot to say, & have a lot of fun. What would you think if a girl kissed/made out with you on the first date, but just gave you a gentle kiss on the second date? Would you assume she isn't interested? My problem is this- as mentioned above, I've never had any experience in romance/intimacy with a guy. When I kissed/made out him the first time, I felt really awkward/shy/nervous, just because I never done it before. It was all new to me. It was an "in the moment" decision, and I felt like maybe I rushed it too fast 'cause my heart wasn't in it. Later he texts me saying he had a great time, and he really liked the kiss, etc etc. Fast forward to the second date, I just ended the date with a kiss, no making out. Judging from his facial expression, I could tell he was confused. After that, I texted him "thanks for tonight" and didn't receive a reply... I'm nervous. I do like this guy, but I just take a while to warm up because this is the first time I ever done anything like this. I feel like he didn't understand and took it another way... Was I wrong for taking it slow the second time? Would he think I wasn't interested, or if he did like me, would he understand? Should I explain to him, or just let him text me back? Sorry for the essay, I just really need a male perspective... Thanks

1

What Guys Said 1

• I probably would be thinking you were having second thoughts about the relationship so I would appreciate an explanation.