I asked a guy friend to see Deadpool with me and bought the tix. If he suggests food should I offer to split the check?

Most Helpful Guy

• This isn't a date, so yeah, you should split. Even if it was a date, you should always offer to split, it's up to him whether he wants to pay for you too, or not.

• Even though I'm paying for the movie?

• Yes, but hopefully it might be something more. I mean, when you ask out a female friend you don't know if it's going to become a relationship. You ask them out and hope for the best, right?

• I mean it's not like you specify "I'm asking you out on a date" when you ask them to see a movie with you. You just say, "Do you want to see this movie with me?" So I'm hoping maybe he'll realize that I'm interested. We don't hang out normally.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. He's your guy friend. Of course you should offer to split the check.

• Even though I'm paying for the movie? I don't want to seem so desperate I'll pay for everything or set a precedence of it, like he never has to buy if we keep seeing each other. See what I mean?

• If he's a good person, he will offer to pay for you since you already paid for the tickets.

What Guys Said 2

• If you'd like to split the bill that's fine. Hopefully he'll be willing to pay the full bill since you bought both tickets. Maybe order something inexpensive though just to be safe.

• You can always offer even if he wants to pay for the meal

What Girls Said 0