When you love somebody is it possible to see them as more attractive than they actually are?

I was friends with this girl for years and never really found her attractive, however we recently started dating and now I can't stop staring at her, I feel like she's the most beautiful woman in the world. My friends say she's average but she's far from it for me, why do I look at her this way?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, the thing with attractiveness is it's subjective. Everyone is attractive; because everyone attracts someone. If you're very attracted to this girl then obviously she is very attractive. But that doesn't mean attracting everyone, it means she attracts someone.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is what love does to you my friend

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, this happened to me with my partner.
    Before I saw him as average looking, now I look at him and I think he's cute as hell!
    When someone as a beautiful personality, it brings it out in their appearance.

What Guys Said 1

• We all get old my friend. Looks will fade, love will persevere.