Guys, IS it desperate for a girl to flirt with men at a gym?

I see way to many hotties in there shorts and tanks. Oh god help me.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• if they have headphones and talk to nobody there then prolly leave em alone cuz they mean business. I've never been approached at the gym but i always hear rumors from my friend at the desk that girls were talking about me. i wear headphones but talk to literally everyone i possibly can or at least say hi. i tend not to meet girls cuz theyre always wearing headphones and dont seem interested in talking which i totally understand. but its definitely fine i would target the more social guys tho so you dont accidentally bug someone. but honestly its more of a compliment so i would worry about offending or bugging anyone

What Guys Said 22

• I don't understand why girls worry so much about looking as disinterested in someone as they do. It's like they don't want us to know they like us. Looking "desperate" means looking like you are actually interested in us. Which makes it so much easier for everybody. Why are you making it so hard for yourself?

• Unless you do it in a ridiculous way, I don't think so. Most guys are probably not stressing out about how "desperate" you are anyway, but just taking some initiative and starting a friendly conversation would be totally socially acceptable.

• The question your really asking is: Guys, IS it desperate for a girl to flirt with men who enjoy engaging in the same activity as me?

No, it is the probably the best place to be flirting, with people whom you have lots in common with.

• There seems to be a double standard when it comes to the gym... I think for a girl it is a little different, most guys would be okay with that, but for a guy to hit on girls in the gym, I think it is frowned upon!

I am sure the owners of the gym don't want anything like that going on bc they are worried about guys scaring their women clientele away.

• Not according to me :) <3

• No, haha girl last night was. Always flattering, def would go out with her if I didn't have a girlfriend.

Gym is a wonderful place to meet people.

• No, not at all. I think the gym can be a great way to met someone!

• It is all about going to where your kind of man hangs out.
    If you want a party boy, you go to the club.
    If you want a nerdy boy, you go to a comic convention.
    If you want a religious guy, go to a church.
    And if you want a fit guy, go to the gym.
    There is nothing wrong in narrowing down the location of the type of guy you want.

• Yes because you are at the gym to work out not a social event that is what I think

• Uh... no? Why would it be? It's no different from any other place really. In fact your chances will be higher cuz our testosterones up : D

• Calm yourself woman! Yes it's ok place to flirt, but just don't overdo it. People are usually there to train and not to socialize so pick the right moment for it. And respect if the guy is not responding on your flirts, because he might be taken or just focusing on his workout.

• I feel your pain, but for me it's seeing all the hotty girls in their shorts and crop tops. lol

• Lol.. Mirin?
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...5-9ba3-3b94e02d42b0.jpg

I love it when girls approach me at the gym. Unfortunately its mostly dudes mirin asking me what my routine is.

• No that's why half of them are at the gym. I guarantee they aren't going to give a shit if you look desperate I know I wouldn't.

• No, I don't know why flirting or asking people out became desperate these days. No 2 people in any relationship didn't flirt. Someone did flirt...

• I mean, if you look good. Come talk to me. By all means.

• I don't really like to talk at the gym, but I probably wouldn't mind a small amount of flirting between sets.

• No not at all, flirt it up

• Hahah it is kind of desperate. I think

• i see mostly old woman eyeing me up lmao there ain't no girls my age that go to the gym

• Yes very much so. You're there to get tough and get buff not to oggle other people. If you're not there for that then fuck off and stop trying to distract people who are by flirting with them. Also the fact you referred to them as "hottest in there shorts and tanks"; treat them like meat or an object some more why don't you. You sound ridiculously thirsty though, most men don't find that attractive and the ones that do are just going to use you.

• it looks like attention seeking hoe