Scared to Date Guy Friend?

So I became friends with this new guy in my grade about a couple weeks ago when he moved here. We have almost everything in common, he's attractive & super nice, we text all the time, & I'm also one of his only friends. He asked me out on a movie date for this weekend, & although I like him as well, I'm just not sure if I want to date him for several reasons: he smokes pot (idk how often) which I'm totally against, he used to sext other "internet girls" over FaceBook (but I'm pretty sure he stopped ever since he met me), & I just don't want to ruin our friendship because he's a really great person. BUT I also couldn't bear to see him with another girl. I was hoping I could help him quit the smoking & sexting but I don't know how... I have to have my answer by this weekend because he's probably going to ask me to be his girlfriend. Anyways, any advice on what to do would be great! :)

What Guys Said 2

• You're still young and have a lot of preconceived notions about marijuana. I can tell you, personally, that they're most likely wrong. To exclude an otherwise great guy over such a minute detail is silly. He seems to have stopped the sexting so your only issue seems to be with him smoking. I would suggest finding someone else rather than trying to change him, if it's really that big of a deal.

• I agree with what you are saying except the Marijuana comment. Who knows what her reasons are. I'm against it in places where it is illegal because 1) I hate the smell and 2) I've seen the dirty side of how most of those drugs get to the USA through the Caribbean. People die regularly from this. On the other hand, If it is legal, I'm for it. I just won't use it. It provides great tax incomes (Colorado). sorry about the rant lol

• Totally agree with that. I know a lot of productive pot smokers. I find the main difference is that those productive people don't go out of their way to say that they smoke. The people who are going out of their way to say that they do generally are the lazy addicts who can't put together a sentence.

• @middnight29, True. I've noticed that as well. If you ask their interests and one of them is "pot", you might have a lazy, unproductive one.

• I hear you on the worries. I think you are the only one who can make that decision. Honestly, most guys won't change their habits, especially in your age bracket. I dated my best friend and things were great for a long time. What broke us up was distance. She moved away and it was hard for both of us to trust each other as we were both cheated on in previous relationships. I totally would recommend dating a friend. i would say go for it if you can get past your concerns.

What Girls Said 0