What makes a woman "cheating material" to a guy?

What makes a woman

I tried dating after my divorce and at least four different guys that I started to get interested in turned out to already have relationships but wanted to see me on the side. Of course I refused and stopped talking to them.

I can't for figure out what it is that makes me the kind of woman that men want to have an affair with. I'm not promiscuous, nor particularly sexy. I'm responsible, smart, and I don't look for validation from men. I just want to find a nice guy to spend time with.

I don't get too emotional and try to keep things matter-of-fact until I know them better. I don't do anything that I think would be "leading" or "tempting". I'm careful how I dress. I'm completely puzzled.

(okay, not quite like this but you get the idea)

Most Helpful Guy

• if a guy want to cheat he is going to cheat, there is no type, it is a simple case of attraction, a guy is not going to cheat with someone he is not attracted to, so it is just a simple case that you are an attractive woman, it just happens that you were unlucky with the guys you have met

• thanks for the MHG, if you have any other questions i would be more then happy to help if i can

What Guys Said 9

• All available (and potentially available) women are "cheating material" for an attached man who's looking. Bottom line.

There's no other real criterion than availability. I read once that the majority of cheating men even regard their mistress as less attractive then their partner. Makes no difference.

• I don't think you are the issue... I think the issue is your likely dating within your age group. Most of the guys in and around our age are likely fresh off the divorce scene too and they are in not mood to have another permanent relationship right away. I think it is like a "freedom" type attitude and to just have some sex partner (s) is away of keeping active but not tied down.

I am sure there are some guys out there that would prefer a relationship and see one, the problem is you have to wade through these other guys that just want you as a play friend.

• Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I just don't want to be giving a bad impression without realizing it.

• Cheating, the tendency, ability to cheat that something related to the desire of the person, emotional greediness of the person and so on. It hard to say what exactly makes a woman cheating material.

• But I don't do that

• But my question was why are guys approaching me to be the girl on the side when I don't think I do anything to provoke it.

• I understand what you are asking and it's a good question actually.

• Nope I don't cheat but I also don't do relationships that much baha

• Me neither. I'd like to but I'm not going to be someone's mistress.

• My guess: women who are neglected by their husband or who have problems to get a big O with him and who hope to get it with another guy (not very likely if the hubby cares about it)
    How to spot them? I don't know.

• Any girl that is 7/10 + on the rating scale and is my age. No fcking way a hoe like that is loyal lol

• Lol I'm pretty insecure but I know I'm above a 7 not even trying to be cocky.. But I never once cheated and literally best girlfriend to all my exes and my current. You shouldn't think so negative :)

• I think one that will have sex with the guy. There is no such thing as cheating material for me.

• The fact that she cheats on him or is about to cheat on him.

• But I don't do that

• I don't think you read my post. My question is... I don't do that stuff but guys seem to want me to be their mistress. I'm trying to figure out why?

• Sorry. I guess I read it differently. As for why? I have no idea. I'm not one that is that kind of guy.

• Dress like a slut... smile all the time... smell good 24/7 & be toichy flirty = you'll be f*cking more dudes than you'll ever know

What Girls Said 4

• FOR THE MOST PART, yr just seeing (1) raw statistics and (2) opportunism.

#1, raw statistics:
    Most men in yr demographic are in relationships.
    More importantly, if you are in a certain "league" -- you know what I mean, let's keep it real here -- then, ALMOST ALL men in yr demographic who are in that league, and whom you would even give the time of day, and who would even bother approaching you, will be in relationships.
    So, even if you are actually being approached by a completely random set of men from yr demographic... yeah.

#2, opportunism:
    The two most important factors determining whether a man will approach you are (a) you're there, (b) you're available (for conversation, I mean).
    If you hang out around men a lot, then, there you go.
    If yr in an environment with men who tend to be in relationships -- e. g., you work in some professional field with established men -- then... guess what. LOL

--

Okay. So, those two things will account for MOST of what yr seeing, here.

But, beyond that, I'd say there are two more things thata re possible.

#1, you may have a DISTINCTIVE look.

When men want to stray, one of the most important things they look for is VARIETY.
    Men DO NOT cheat with women who look exactly like their current partner, pretty much ever. Ever. Nope.
    So, if you have a look that's somehow "different" or "unique" or "exotic", then, by definition, that will make you more attractive as the target of an affair.

I have a girlfriend who does modeling for some local corsetieres. She's very busty, somewhat overweight (like most corset models), has piercings, and dyes her hair weird neon colors. Long story short, she gets approached by married and attached men ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME.
    I mean, she's cute, and smart as a whip, and she's a great conversationalist, but it's pretty clear that her "exotic" look is a big part of the draw there.

So, if there's anything "different" about yr look, that would explain it.

#2, you may just exude sexuality.

They've done studies on this. Some women literally just carry themselves -- and walk, and move, etc. -- in ways that are more overtly sexual than others.
    This kind of thing actually correlates pretty darn well to sociosexuality, too. In other words, if guys are guessing whether a woman's down to fuck, based on how she moves... their odds are a lot better than random guessing!

But... not perfect odds, of course.

Mb you just move really sensually and don't know it?

• I don't think it's a type of woman. It all boils down to attraction. They're attracted to you, so they want you. Just like when you rightfully reject them, they're attracted to the next Mary, Sue or Ellen who saunters into their life that meets their attraction criteria.

• From the way you describe yourself there is no way you look like "cheating material". Perhaps it's because you're such a good woman they wanna have you despite the fact they're taken?

Maybe you just had a bit of unluck I'm sure there are still single men out there who will love you.

• Thanks. I actually read an article somewhere that men cheat with women they think are safe, who they can rely on emotionally and won't by add drama. Kind of like a mom but also getting sex. If that makes sense.

• I don't really think there's any real qualifications to be cheating material. There are men who have lust for a certain woman and want to fulfill their fantasies with her, and there are others who just can't control themselves and so when an opportunity rises, they take it. It can be with any woman, really.