My boyfriend rated me a 7 out of 10?

My boyfriend and i have been dating for almost 3 years. (we are 20)
I had to go to an appointment where the doctor asked me to rate my appreance out of 10. I said 4 (though truthfully I am much less, i just didn't want to sound bad).
When I was telling my boyfriend the story, he cut me off and said i was at least a 7.
Now i know a lot of people may not be offended, but all I could think about was the times he has told me that he has hooked up with much prettier girls, and described them as being a 10/10.
I am very self concious, but should i really be this upset.
I am always scared he will leave me for someone prettier, and this just freaks me out a bit

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, physical appearance is the most important thing, right? He could really only be interested in someone prettier than a 7, right? Obviously he only gets with 10s. 9s sometimes. MAYBE an 8 on a slow day. But a 7? Woow! No way.

Okay, I'm being facetious. But do you get my point? You have to believe you have more to offer than just your looks! I mean, shit, 7/10 is nothing to scoff at! If he thinks ur a 7, then he thinks you're a very good looking lady. Maybe not the most attractive in the world, but at least you know he's almost certainly not lying (if he was he'd have called you a ten lol.)

But no, seriously, how shallow is this guy? If you answered "pretty damn shallow!" then MAYBE you have some legitimate concerns (again, 7 is really pretty decent). But if you said "Well... he's not that shallow, I guess" then he's obviously with you b/c he sees something special in you. You understand? YOU'RE SPECIAL. I know that's hard to process, but get used to it. He likes you. Loves you maybe (idk how far you guys are in ur relationship).

Still not convinced? Talk to him about your feelings. At least give him a chance to tell you himself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would probably be upset if something similar happened to me. I'm very realistic with myself when it comes to my looks. I know I'm not the prettiest, but I also believe that if you love someone, they can become the most beautiful person to you, inside and out. With that said, guys can say things and not realize how they'll be interpreted. Believe me I understand how you feel. I'm constantly wondering why my guy would want to be with someone like me. You just have to remind yourself that he's chosen to be with you for a reason :)

What Guys Said 25

• just because other girls might be prettier, that doesn't mean he doesn't want you.
    you might not be perfection, but he is happy with you.
    I see VS model Adriana Lima as a 10/10. I do not expect to ever date a VS model. If I am with a girl who is a 7/10, I would not, ever, look at her and think to myself "I wish she were hotter." She was the person I was with, that I loved, and that I was happy with.
    I do not think you should feel threatened or freaked out that he thinks, objectively, other girls may or may not be prettier than you. At the end of the day, you are who he chooses to be with.
    I know for a fact no woman would ever see me as a 10/10.

• People don't really date 10/10
    I wouldn't anyway..
    The girlfriends I have had were all 5-7 and that doesn't mean he loves you less.. It just means he loves you for who you are.

• What kind of doctor asks someone to rate themselves out of 10?

• I wondered the same thing. Stick out your tongue, say "ah" and rate yourself.

• So you wanted him to be dishonest and to know that he was dishonest rather than knowing what he really thinks? I would also imagine he said it after you told him you were 4/10 in your eyes so what did you expect? He wanted to make you feel better and you don't sound delusional so him saying that you were 10/10 would have made you think that your 4/10 would be closer to truth and he was just trying to be overly nice. Take the 7/10 and the looks isn't everything. Unless you have bad personality. And that goes for both 4/10 and 10/10 girls.

• I understand. I think id be offended to. I mean you 'want' to date someone who sees you as the amazing not 'just' a 7

Even if he felt that, you should be higher because he likes you and when you like someone a lot... doesn't matter if they are not a 10, they kinda become just right over time.

I can see why you might feel insecure now

• You are really over thinking this whole thing. If you say 4 just to not sound bad and then get at least 7 then that's a good thing.. For guys that care, personality counts more than the difference between 7 and 10

• First if he is with you its because he likes you. 2nd your insecurities its a very good way for him to leave you so get straigth to the point. U aren't a fitness model or a top model or whatever your boyfriend find a 10/10 but that is normal. He say u are AT LEAST a 7 so that is good. Be confident a secure and make that a 8. and he his your boyfriend he just told you the truth. I dont want put you donw or something like that. But if u find yourself a 4 and he gives you a 7 and u get mad? that makes no sense. Anyway you have a boyfriend just be happy and enjoy life. Some people can't even find a person that cares about them so enjoy

• You call yourself a 4 out of 10 at best, your boyfriend calls you almost double as good and now you are upset? Where exactly did this go wrong?

• He's not wise your boyfriend. Should have said a 10. No offense women are like lawyers, they know the answer they want before they ask the question. He'll have to learn for his own sake

• You can't criticize your boyfriend for rating you a 7 if you only rate yourself a 4. Self esteem seems to be a problem for you.

• I got to say that he's got to be careful with what he says.

But somone you just hookup with... it's pretty much just for the body, the here and now, I think.

You're an 11 because he got to know you,

• I rate everyone a 7

• So you'd rather he lie and say 10/10? I'm sure you would react the same way if he did...

Stop asking him to rate you... he likes you, there really is no need.

• But then what do you think why he dates a girl who is not 10 at least 9 to him?

• Look at all these problems of yours which can be taken care of by joining a gym / asking for some help from a hair stylist / fixing your teeth or whitening them / visiting a dermatologist in case if you have some skin problems. So why don't you do that? You will feel better about yourself.

• i go to the gym everyday, im the smallest size a girl can get, with DD boobs. i hardly ever get pimples, i go to the hairdresser all the time to maintain my hair. my teeth are constantly whitened. i work at a high-end clothing store so i know i dress nice. but its the things you can't change about my appearance that make me ugly. it sucks.

• By the sound of it he was saying you shouldn't rate yourself so low because you should be at least a 7 to you

AT LEAST A 7 meaning he doesn't rate you a 7 he thinks the minimum rate you should ever get is a 7

• if he had said 8/10, or 6/10, you probably would have been just as freaked out. I wouldn't worry about it. 7 is much higher than 4, and that's what matters. Besides, he said "at least".

Not to be mean, but being overly self-conscious could easily bring someone down to a 4. Do not worry about it.

• Sounds about right. If he often went with10s he wouldn't go lower than a seven.

• Your boyfriend is an insensitive dick. To him, you should be the sexiest girl in the world

• 7/10 is pretty good. Beides he obviously doesn't only like you for looks...

• Looks isn't everything pesrsonality is more important.

• Honesty is not a mans friend in a relationship lol

• 7 is really good and he said at least so maybe its even higher.

• lol lol lol. Your boyfriend only thinks you are a 7? lol

• 7's are hot.

He also said at least.

Let's assume you are his type, and a 7. If you're his type, he actually SEES you as an 8.

How's your sex life? It's the one thing that can actually push up how attractive a guy sees you.

Put it together if you're floating in the 8-9 category in his eyes, plus compatible and faithful and you make him, happy, he's not going to walk for a 10.

You look at celebrities wives, they range 7-10. Some are 10s some are 7s, below that IS unusual. The guys with 7's could get a 10, but the marginal benefit of a 10 in looks over a 7 is not that big. She's a 7 mean she's attractive, period.

• You guys in male comment section stop being manginas trying to pander and comfort women. A 7 to a woman is actually like a 5/10 in their mind. Just realize you aren't that hot.

Just checked your age 30-35. You should be grateful he even thinks of you as a 7 at that age range.

What Girls Said 14

• If, realistically, you think you're less than a 4, shouldn't you be thanking the Lord Jesus that he thinks you're as high as a 7 instead of bitching about it?

• Would you have believed him if he told you, you were a 10?

• well said :P

• And we should remember, we won't always be the most pretty girlfriend a guy has, but you are good enough for him to stick around, while those who were 10/10, well, they don't have him, you do.

• If he lied to you about your appearance you'd be just as mad.

The fact is a 7/10 is still better than attractive.
    He finds you attractive both physically/mentally that is why he is with you, and not with the 10/10s. They lost in the other department.
    I think you should love yourself, and stop looking for confidence through others.

• i never understand how some boyfriends are so STUPID to give their girl that kind of rating lmao.

• Who cares! guys know nothing! haha!

• Remember that he said "at least". That is the key word here! Also, beauty isn't everything and even if he did find the other girls prettier (which I'm sure he doesn't), there is a reason he is with you instead of them.

• Oh please. He gave you an honest and higher than average rating. I can't stand when girls set their guys up for failure by asking questions like that. Unless you're a professional model you're not a 10. Were you hoping he'd lie to you?

• She didn't ask him.
      She was telling her boyfriend what happened with her doctor and he cut her off and rated her a 7.

• like most guys said personality matters also. he s not only looking for a fuck body.
    plus you rated yourself much lower so?
    anw 7 is really good, I consider myself a solid 7 :P

• You don't sound like you're prepared to be in a relationship... just saying.

• he loves you. so cheer up.

• Taking this way out of proportion lol

• You said you look like a 4 lol How do you expect someone to think much better if you think you actually look lower than a 4.

• I'd be self concious too if my boyfriend told me things like that

• Ok so what is the issue? He was trying to make you feel better