Is he into me? Or is he playing the field?

I've been seeing this guy for about a month. We met online. We talk everyday mostly on the phone not texting... the first week we met we saw each other every other day we met each other's kids. I have a son he has two boys as well. We have done everything from going to nice dinners, staying home and cooking and watching a movie. I have stayed at his a house a couple times and this weekend we are going away for a weekend trip just the two of us which he is paying for. I really enjoy spending time with him and getting to know super comfortable and we are starting to open up about ourselves. He also has this nickname for me which is super cute. However a week ago I saw a girl text his phone after she called him which he didn't answer. Basically she was asking why he was ignoring her... I asked him about it and he did mention that other people do call him, we aren't "exclusive" or commited as of yet but I can't help but wonder what's he thinking. I've been through this before where the guy I was seeing was also seeing someone else and I ended up being the one that was hurt and left pretty much out in the cold. so if a guy didn't know what he wanted would he do the things with me with everyone else?

What Guys Said 1

• He would be a fool if he wasn't playing the field before you locked him down sounds like he is definitely more interested in you, but until you 2 make it official and exclusive he will talk to other woman so let him know that you want to make it exclusive and I'm sure the other woman will be shut out.

What Girls Said 2

• "he did mention that other people do call him, we aren't "exclusive" or committed as of yet" by making that statement it is a possibility there is a girl/s in his life who are not "just" his friend. Why would that even come into his mind if they were just friends with him. I would assume he is playing the field. If a guy made that statement to me... i would be long gone.

• First it's a good sign to see a text like that than for her to say "you were great last night" lol. It sounds like he's found someone he relates to and wants to spend time with, you. If it's me, around this time in the relationship and I sense my feelings getting stronger, I'd have the conversation and tell him I'm not interested in seeing anyone else and ask if that scares him.