I think my crush still likes his Ex, what should I do?

So, there's this boy that I've had a crush on since I met him, but he started dating my friend. They were together for probably two months before the broke up about 3/4 weeks ago. They're still really close friends. However, literally the day after he broke up with her he started messaging me a lot more and even puts X's at the end of his messages - which he's never done before. Currently we talk on Facebook every day and talk every day in college. He even messaged me telling me he thought I was hot, to which I replied saying I thought the same about him. He has even said that if we ever get drunk at a party he'll probably come on to me (not in a creepy way) I became under the impression that he wanted to date me, but was just waiting a while because of his recent break up. But his still very close with her and I accentually saw that he still messages her every day with X's. Now, I'm not saying I want to stop them potentially getting back together if it's what they want - I'd never do that. But I just feel a bit confused and... I guess dysthymic (I even had a day off college because I was just too hurt by seeing them so engrossed in each other) because he's flirted so heavily with me, but it seems like his Ex is still quite heavily on his mind and I think she might feel the same, they're together a lot due to free periods, she always sits by him, talks to him, starts likening what he like and I can tell just not doing it for just friendship, I'm certain she wants him back and I think he's starting to feel the same. As of lately we still have a lot of fun and he's nice to me, but it seems like he's more interested in his ex... But I have a huge crush on him. And I'm just here not knowing whether I should talk to him or just let things go smoothly... I even feel used. So that's my pathetic little tale.

Most Helpful Guy

• Relax there's plenty of boys billions in fact

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh.

Since he just broke up with his girlfriend, he needs some time to get over her and recover before he jumps right back into another relationship. It will be best because you wouldn’t want to be with him knowing that he still has feelings for his ex.

You should try to stay friends with him and give some time to build your friendship. Tell him how you feel about him and see if he feels the same way. Even though he may, give it some time before you officially start dating to make sure he is not still hung up on his past relationship.

:\

What Guys Said 2

• They are still friends so what. O. o as long as he is able to focus on you no issue. And if you hate his ex it will only tick him off. Just hug him and have a good time and make him smile.

• Talk to your parents about it. Concentrate on school work, music, or extra-curricular activities. There is too much emphasis on kids to be in quick relationships, its ridiculous.

What Girls Said 1

• move on! You can help him!