Would you date somebody who had the same name as your mom or dad?

Would you consider dating them still? If not, why?

• I would date them but never consider marriage
  • I would NOT date them
  • It wouldn't effect the relationship at all
  • It would bug me only during sex
  • Other?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would but it's unlikely to happen... my moms name isn't popular anymore at all, can't remember having met anyone of my age or younger with it

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• If I was really attracted to her, then it wouldn't stop me. It'd be a bit off a turn off In the beginning though, so it'd take more for me to ask her out than it normally would.

• It wouldn't matter since I never called my mom by her name anyway.

• If I had strong feelings for them I would get over it

• I don't think so that would be to strange for me

• I couldn't date a person with the same name as my mother... we're not on the best of terms to say the least. Being with someone who reminds me of her like that, and possibly have to call out her name in bed... eeuughhh... Sorry, I just can't...

• What has name got to do with dating

• Well I have the same name as my dad and I don't date guys so there's that. A girl with the same name as my mom, possible deal-breaker.

• Absolutely. It's just a name in my opinion

• It would be a little off putting at first

• I don't care if the person I date had my mom's name.

• HELL NO

What Girls Said 16

• Yes, I would date that person.

However, if they had my Dad's name and looked exactly like him (younger version), I'd be freaked out.

• Noooooooooope. I tried it and it was just too weird for me.

• Nope. I won't date anyone with a name identical to any of my male relatives. Which is rough, because I only have one female cousin and one sister. So... the majority of my relatives are male.

• My boyfriend has the same name as my brother. It didn't effect my choice to date him or not.
    It's not like they're the same person.

• No. Not one bit.

• I'm gonna guess no, but the right guy could sway me. My suster's name in unisex. I'd feel weird about that too I think.

• Sure ☺ It wouldn't bother me, it's not like I'm dating my dad 😆 Besides, I rarely call my dad by his name anyways 😄 It would be stupid to let a name be a dealbreaker 😊

• Some people can't control what the attraction does- even if they like the person. I think it's great that it would not stop u from persueing a relationship. Thank you for your opinion

• Nope i couldn't do it. Though my boyfriend has a Portuguese name. ^^

• just don't be expecting me to scream your name out or expect me to respond when you say " say my name"

• Yeah I dont care

• Name doesn't matter. love matters.

• I don't care what my partner has for a name.

• Seems shallow but it would probably keep me from being attracted in the first place, honestly.

• Mmmm I wouldn't unless I really like the guy

• I'd find it gross, especially as my family names are all unique in this part of the world and I don't come across it often so any time I do I associate them with my family

• Lmao what kind of shallow person wouldn't date someone because of their name?
    I hate my dad but I had a fling with a guy with the same name and it never even crossed my mind to bother me

• For other people who may be super close with their mom or dad, being reminded of their relative with a romantic other may just be uncomfortable for them. It is different for everyone- I can easily understand a person who doesn't have a good relationship with their family not caring about that but it isn't wrong to be unattracted by that. It's not like people would want to stop the progress in a potential relationship just because of a name but it just flips a switch, Ya know? Thank you for answering