How to text teenage girls? Desperately need help?

Ok, bear with me here, I have always been good with girls in person, girls say im attractive as well, I have absolutely no fear talking to any girl in person, other than a little bit of approach anxiety. However, when it comes to texting, im awful, or at least I think I am. Don't get me wrong, I have been in a few of the "talking" relationships with girls, but never go anywhere cause my "text game" is bad. I think my problem is that I just over think every little thing when texting girls. I always question on how fast I should reply, or how long I should text a girl before she gets bored in a day, or how much I should flirt, or how long til I invite her over or on a date. I really need some help on this because I don't know whats the right way to get a relationship and the wrong way. Also, although I don't need one, a relationship would be nice right now. I also am scared to death for some reason to text girls since I feel like I can't keep the conversations going or how to start it off. I feel like saying "whats up" is just the wrong way to go about it even though I can't think of anything else to say. I'm usually ok when I get it started, but its always hard for me to start it. Also end it, I usually just say I gotta go, but It feels wrong. I lost all my confidence and I'm being insecure, but I really don't know what to do anymore. A relationship would be nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like when guys skip the introduction and just tell me something about their day like a funny story that just happened or something exciting or annoying or whatever that's going on. And as far as keeping a conversation going, just ask her questions :) people like talking about themselves.
    I like when guys respond fairly quickly. I don't think that the whole waiting rule is a great thing - because I have worried about the same thing so if guys and girls are worried about how long to wait between texts, that shows you its contrived and pointless. Obviously if you're actually doing down thing, don't feel the need to respond the second the text comes in but also don't time out twenty minutes every time if you're not busy just because you think you'll seem too eager if you don't.

What Girls Said 2

• If you're above 17-18, then my answer to you is that you don't.

• 18-19 year old females? Just say hi and something where she can respond back to. "Hi there! I saw you like [insert some activity you saw her doing]. How long have you been doing that?" or something along those lines.

What Guys Said 1

• How young are we talking about here?