Getting back with ex?

2 years with my boyfriend and he broke up with me on New Years and now he wants to get back together? He broke my heart and sent me a text when I started texting another guy , he said he still loves me and that I was his everything so I took him back right because I love him but now I'm wondering if it's a good or bad thing we're together? I don't want to get hurt again! He's the first boyfriend I ever had and I don't want to go through the pain if he decides to leave again!

we had a date together recently and it was nice he was being nice and everything but my guards are up! When is it okay to trust someone that hurt you like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not in my experience.
    He did it once, he'll do it again if you give him half a chance.
    He made his bed and now he should have to sleep in it. Alone.

You got better things going then a guy who doesn't appropriate you.

You can trust them again when they've shown through action that they are truly penitent, then they may be worthy of trust again.

• You really think so? I got so close to moving in together and I had met his family and I don't know maybe your right I don't trust him completely and he was so desperate when I didn't text back

• Obviously I dont' know either of you, but, all the experts say getting back with the ex is a huge no-no. And, on record, it doesn't matter how desperate he is. You can't take him back just cause you think he needs you, thats hella co-dependent. And, he is the one who dumped you, clearly he doesn't honestly feel he does need you.

My experience was awful. I'm just giving you the advice I wish I had.

You were already not good enough once, you will be there again.
      You've already made it through the toughest part of a break up.
      There are so many other people out there that won't take a doozy of a twozie on your trust.
      And probably the worst thing is, it will all be the same as before, just a second rendition of the same bedroom things, the same pet-peeves, and the same habits.

I hope the best for you, girl, but its your life and you are entitled to all the wonderful mistakes you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's okay, but there is nothing that can be done now since you already agreed to give him a chance. I hope it ends well for you.

Good luck anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• oh c'mon don't u wanna experience someone new.

• I don't know I'm really shy and he knows I am

• people do make mistakes... though, i can't say the same for abusers and cheaters.

• You can't. Once they fuck you over once. Ot will never be the same again :(

What Girls Said 0