Have you ever been turned off by a great guy because he reminded you of someone who hurt you in the past?

I met this great guy who was better looking than my ex, friendly and smart. Our first date went well and we kissed. But after I went home, I got this sinking feeling in my heart that he was going to be me like my ex. He texted me, but I replied that I don't trust people easily. He keeps texting me, and the more he texts me the more I get turned off by him. Now I just blocked him all together.
If he didn't remind me of my ex, I probably wouldn't be so annoyed at him right now.. I just feel it's best to move on and forget about this guy.
Anyone else felt like this?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that has happened to me as well. The guy I currently started dating reminded me of my first ex, so after a couple of dates I told him I cannot view him in a serious way.

What Guys Said 2

• I've felt turned off because a girl reminded me of a friend.

• Sounds like you never got closure with your ex. You'll continue to dismiss men until you do

What Girls Said 1

• I have been through that in my past girl go with your gut feeling ALWAYS.