Im 21 and he's 17?

I met this guy on a party and I really thought he was the same age as me. We talked to whole night but then he dropped the bomb that he's 17 almost turning 18. In my country its legal from the age of 16 and he really wants to go for us. Im still concerned?

• Yes
  • No
Little update, i went on a date and a second and third and I have to say its better than the boys I've dated my age! Things are going very well between us :) thanks for the opinions guys

Most Helpful Guy

• if it's legal, you shouldn't be concerned. The difference is only 4 years, not a big deal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it legal in your country? You claim it is, so proceed carefully :p.

What Guys Said 11

• That's not a difference worth worrying about. My wife and I were 4 years apart when we started dating. In fact, we were those exact ages, just flip the genders.

• Go for it,...

• Don't worry it's not a big difference

• What's the question?

• No wonder people do not date nowadays because they try to find the most mundane reasons not to...

• Dating fine but the thingy maybe not good

• As an 18 year old I'm going to say that's like my dream sex! 18 having sex with a 21-32 year old.

• Wish I was banging 21 year olds when I was just 17.

• Even if it was illegal you shouldn't be concerned, nobody would find out and soon he'd be 18. If it's legal it's completely fine, it's not a huge difference

• If he can't drink, and you can, it's too young. I'm 26 and my "partying days" are dwindling down buttt I need to be able to at least take her to a bar and not have to deal with fake id's etc...

• what's problem age doesn't matter babes its just 3 years difference

• I know but everybody is already talking about us

• ignore them just think about you people

What Girls Said 6

• There's a lot of things teenagers CAN handle, but adult type relationships is not one of them. It doesn't mean it's not genuine, but there's a huge difference. Ultimately it's up to you, but having grown up with boys (lots of boys!) I can tell you a 17 year old isn't ready for a full adult relationship.

• I would also be concerned...
    I don't know how to vote since it says 'yes' and 'no', but there was no question posed... o. O

• When I was 15 I thought a guy was about 18 and he thought I was about 18 and we slept together. Turns out He was 24 and I was, well, 15. I've learned age needs to come to light asap. Lol

• I would be turned off by his age sry :/
    and drop it

• ew im 21 and my brother is 17

• Just do it. My boyfriend was 24 and I was barely 19 .