Why do women wear lingerie?

I started dating this girl and she has loads and loads of sexy lignite, types of never even seen before. It's an everyday wear for her, was wondering do women do this to show men or is it for themselves?

• For men
  • For themselves

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, if it was for men, then 99.999% of women would have the decency to get rid of the lingerie they wore for their previous boyfriends.

I mean, srsly, do you not know how women work? We get rid of ANYTHING associated with old relationships, even if it's associated in some totally stupid-ass completely tangential way.

So... there's yr answer.
    Even if she happened to have some of that lingerie during her previous relationship (s), she makes NO mental associations between the lingerie and those relationships.
    If she did, she'd have gotten the hell rid of it, already.

Come on now.

Yr next assignment is to relax and actually ENJOY yr woman's body, without fretting excessively about her possible ulterior motives for putting stuff on it. <3

Most Helpful Guy

• I think directly they think its for themselves, but indirectly its for other people.

They say it makes them "feel sexy" but what does it mean to "feel sexy" , why does wearing something like that make them feel sexy? and why is feeling sexy so important?

Unless they are sexually arroused by themselves, the whole idea of sexiness is that you are considered sexually desirable/stimulating to -other people-.

What Girls Said 16

• Well thongs are mainly there so that our pantie lines don't show through pants. And bras, so our boobs don't show through our shirts...
    Sexy may be for any partner she comes across, but it also may be for herself just to give her a confidence boost. I feel way better when i'm wearing pretty lingerie under my clothes even if no one is going to see it but myself.

• When you say lingerie I go to like corsets and sexy outfits. Which doesn't make sense for her to wear everyday wear. So I'm going to guess she has cute bras and thongs which isn't lingerie it's underwear. And if she is wearing corsets and such and she's not a stripper or a hooker than she's wearing it to feel sexy for herself

• I answered that it's for themselves but it's also a little bit of both.
    When you have sexy underwear, it makes you feel sex and feels good even though no one can see them. It gives a lot of confidence.
    I still answered a little bit of both because when you have a man in your life or want one... it's also for him

• If it's everyday wear for her, why would you think it was for you? How self-centred.

• Re-read the question, never said for me. Said for men. As a wide array not me specifically. It's a vague question about women in general.

• You can mean the general you and not you in particular.

• why can't we choose both reasons?

• For themselves...
    Unless it's a special night for the two - then for themselves and for the boyfriend.

• a little of both? it's kinda like wearing makeup, it makes you feel like you're a smidge nicer looking, (even if no one but you knows you're wearing it) and you feel a little more confident that you look extra hot when you're with you're SO even if the clothes don't stay on for very long.

• A little bit of both.
    Lingerie is sexy and does make me feel good. But I also love knowing my boyfriend will see it later too and that he'll think it's sexy.

• if we didn't and wearing a dress or skirt on a windy day it be a bit chilly whisleing round our lady bits lol

• A bit of both. Personally, I know that wearing sexy lingere just makes me feel hot, also, I seem to have a promlem with it because I have enough that I could go a month without washing anything.
    Bras are kinda necessary, and thongs are just more comfortable than regular underwear, also, they prevent pantie lines. But the patterns/designes/lace, at least in my opinion, is just to make us feel good.
    Now, that being said, if I know that I'm going to my boyfriend's place then I might choose something alittle nicer to wear, but I still bought ot in the forst place for myself.

• I prefer playing on the web all this lingerie crap is just for guys

• my my aren't you the bold one

• @capsteverogers Donald Trump has as much chance of becoming president as I do reinventing myself as a virgin

• A lot of women feel sexy when they wear it, it makes them feel good about themselves even if no one is going to see it.

• I'd say for both. Lingerie isn't only to get a guy in the mood, but to make yourself feel good!

• Thongs are soooo uncomfortable! I don't like sexy lingerie because it's expensive, gets ruined quickly (not as sturdy) and makes me look fat. I bought some once with a girlfriend, for fun. What a waste of money.

• If it was for men, they would be naked. They dress like that to make themselves feel sexy☺️

• THNK YOU GOD AT LEAST SOME HAVE COMMON SENSE WHEN IT COMES TO THIS

What Guys Said 8

• ide say for themselves. the girl im dating works at VS which is part of the reason she has a ton. but when she buys new stuff she doesn't give any vibe that it was for me in any way. she doesn't seem to give a shit what i think lol

• They probably likes feeling sexy, wearing one and seeing themselves in it makes them feel sexy

• for both

• for both and girls like to spoil themselves

• I think its probably both.

• It's to cause an impression on someone else, but of course everyone will tell you it's for them, because feminism.

• Mix of both. Love it either way. Women have beautiful bodies to be admired. There has to be a God.

• I think for both reasons, but men appreciate it a HELL of a lot more!!!