Starting Dating Again After an Abusive Relationship?

I recently got out of an emotionally abusive relationship that lasted far, far, too long. So while I'm happy being single and rebuilding my self esteem I eventually want to be comfortable enough to date again and have a healthy relationship with a better man. However I'm terribly shy and I don't know the best way to recover well and get back out there without stressing out too much. Any advice for coming out of this better and stronger than before?

I'm definitely not looking to start dating right away :) it's been a rough road and I'm enjoying being single, it's so liberating! But I don't want to let this past experience make me fearful of all the good men that are out there and relationships that could one day be. It's the old get back on the horse adage

What Guys Said 2

• Well done you for finding the strength to end the relationship so many woman can't find the strength.
    Give your self time to heel , don't rush into another relationship just yet.

• I'm not so sure that you are "ready" so soon. The damage due to abuse is deep and subtle. Most people need therapy and time to heal. It's not a simple thing to overcome.

What Girls Said 1

• See a psychiatrists, it really helps...