I'm going out on a second date tomorrow with a girl from tinder, should I bring a Valentine's day gift?

So we went on a date last week, it went well and now we're going out again for lunch tomorrow. It's only the second date but with it being so close to Valentine's day I hope there won't be an expectation to get a gift? I've just never gone out on a date with a girl this close to Valentine's day where she wasn't my girlfriend. I hope she isn't expecting one but on the other hand if I do get one I don't want her to think I'm coming on too strong. But she also may think it's cute. What are your thoughts on the matter? I am leaning towards no gift since we have only been on two dates and I doubt there is an expectation there.

It's difficult to tell how much she likes me at this point, so I don't know how she would respond to me getting her a gift.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think there will be that expectation.
    I was in the same situation a couple years ago. We had had a few dates. But didn't do the valentines thing at all.
    Personally, if someone bought me a gift on a second date I would feel a little awkward, maybe even a little freaked out.
    But if they bought me some drinks or dinner I would think it is a nice gesture :)

If you guys hit it off for longer then a gift isn't weird.
    Like I said, maybe just buy her dinner or something instead. And don't indicate you are doing so since it's valentines. Just be a gentleman.
    If some kid comes by with a basket of roses, so by the rose.

To be fair if I was on a 2nd date on valentines I would be freaked out enough haha

I had a 2nd date a couple weeks ago with someone, tried to split the bill but they wern't having it. Was very kind of them and a nice gesture so I think that will be good enough!

Most Helpful Guy

• A little something, yes.

What Girls Said 14

• Honestly, I would love it if a guy got me a Valentines day gift. Because you two aren't official and this is just a second date, try to find something small.

A single rose, or a cute small teddy bear, would be enough.

Even some chocolate. But keep it small! A huge bouquet of roses would be too much.

Most grocery stores sell roses, even Wal-mart has them.

• Maybe you should bring something small just to make her feel "appreciated" like a single rose or something sweet and simple like that.

• I second this! a single rose would be PERFECT. just to kind of take away the awkward it's Valentine's Day and we aren't dating vibe. it's just being a sweet date and will make her feel appreciated

• I don't think something small would be a big deal.

• Oh there's an expectation. Bring a flower and pay for lunch. Not too much but just enough. If u are interested u need to tell her that if you're together next year, u will go all out like usual. And make sure the waitress brings out the flower to her at the end of lunch. She will REALLY like that! We love romantic surprises.

• A bunch of flowers never hurt anybody

• Something very small is nice. If big expensive make you look crazy. O. o

• She's likely not expecting a gift. If you want to do something sweet to show your interested, make it small and simple. Just the date alone would be more than enough!

• Something small just to mark the day

• That will be super sweet. Just something small

• A single rose

• no lol

• No. Also your second date should not be on VDay.

• Yeah. Most prolly she won't expect anything. Even I, dating someone i met online for more than 1 month but im not expecting anything for valentines lol

But, if you dont want to come empty handed, a simple box of chocolate should do the trick.

• Just something very small like chocolates or a single rose.

What Guys Said 2

• I doubt she would expect a gift. Depends how into you she is. If she seems to really like you, it would be a nice gesture and she might pay you back : D

• Wtf bro... buying chick valentines gif